Digital Data Systems Manager
- Title: Manager, Digital Data Systems
- Location: Princeton, NJ, USA ; Brussels (Belgium)
- Reports to: Sean Lockhead (Director, Data Systems)
- This job may manage external and internal relationships, i.e., consultants, members, etc. This job may have responsibility for directing external committees or other groups
Become a Subject Matter Expert for the Data Systems Team supporting the various efforts of the team as well as the GS1 Digital Initiative. This includes managing and overseeing the functioning of diverse groups of Global industry and GS1 Member organizations, providing expert input on both the pertinent business practices, technology implementations, and the GS1 system.
- Use specific e-Commerce industry experience to execute the relevant components of the GS1 Digital Strategy.
- Working knowledge of the GS1 system, in order to ensure that decisions made are in conformance with and maintain the integrity of the GS1 system.
- Become an advocate for change and maintain the ability to influence industry in digital technology areas
- Help position GS1 as a key player and a pioneer for the next generation of identification on the web.
- Increase understanding and knowledge of GS1 System, and the business models they support, especially with companies positioned to implement the standards. Facilitate understanding among internal and external customers through modeling and knowledge sharing sessions.
- Work on targeted projects with user groups to identify “as-is” and “to-be” processes, and capture these processes in models. This includes the gathering of business requirements as well as their translation to a technical specification. Support initiatives that span the breadth of the GS1 system, potentially including: B2C, Barcodes, Master Data Management
- Remain current in developments both in industry and technology to assist in the development of strategies including: development, maintenance, documentation and supporting material
- Have strong understanding of Semantic Web / Linked Data technologies Internet and Backend Web Technologies (ex. RDF-A, JSON-DL, Microdata, HTML) and Social Media
- Have strong understanding of business process modeling (ex: UML)
- Fluency in English, oral and written is mandatory
- 3-10 years related experience
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university
- Understanding of Authentication Technologies and their application in the internet and web space.
- Knowledge of modeling ontologies (ex. OWL)
- eCommerce Experience (‘Brick & Mortar’ through ‘omni-channel markets)
- Supply Chain and Value Chain optimization
- Experience with Retail business processes
- Understanding of digital coupons and eReceipt business processes
- Experience with UML modeling and tools (Enterprise Architect is an advantage)
- Knowledge of XML and or database design
- Knowledge of image standards and specifications
- Experience in Open Standards helpful
- Proficiency with MS Office
- The ability to listen to others and to develop a mutual understanding is a key requirement of the job; This level usually includes jobs which assign work and monitor and review work of other employees but do not have accountability for formal supervision
- Thinking Latitude: Problems are solved by considering courses of action within the framework of management's goals and standards. The jobholder knows what is expected but must decide how to accomplish it, including the development of new methods (consistent with current policies or existing principles) to achieve the results.
How to apply
Send your application with CV to:
Attn: HR department
Blue Tower, Avenue Louise 326, bte 10
B-1050 Brussels, Belgium
Tel: + 32 2 788 78 00
Responses will be treated quickly and with strict confidentiality.