Brussels OR Princeton
Head of Data Services and Products
The primary objective of this position is to provide Product/Services Ownership for the organisation’s Master Data Management and Data Quality programmes and initiatives. This includes working across the internal organisational structure and with the external GS1 community including GS1 Member Organisations (MOs).
This is a senior role and as such agreement on high level objectives and then developing the strategy and execution plan with supporting execution tactics in collaboration with your manager are expected.
- Self-motivated and self-directed with deep domain expertise in Master Data Management and Data Quality.
- Career experience to determine how to accomplish the objectives with the support and inspirational leadership of your manager who will also provide guidance and insight about GS1 data standards, GS1 services and the executive relationships to facilitate the success of the person in this role.
- Manage all data quality programmes, services and certification initiatives for the Global Office.
- Deploy the Master Data Services and Brand Owner certification programme across the MOs, including the assessment of the impact of the programme and identification of areas of improvements
- Includes providing training to the MO and conducting the self-certification compliance assessment
- In collaboration with Data Systems, develop a GS1 Data Quality Service to verify the quality of the master data in our various service i.e. GEPIR, the GLN Service, GDSN and GS1 Source. The service must be portable to the Data Services Cloud when it is available.
- Upon request, provide data quality training to MOs, individually or via the regional MO meetings
- Maintain the Data Quality website relevant and take measures to ensure high ranking via Search Engine Optimisation
- Improve MO Satisfaction with Data Quality programmes by proactively engaging the MOs to understand what is working and which areas need improvement. Take necessary actions to improve MO satisfaction
- Develop future strategies to continually improve data quality and step-change GS1 as a globally recognised leader in master data quality standards and best practices
- Serve as the data quality expert and thought leader for the organisation
Education and Special Attainments
- The better the working knowledge of GS1 Services is and knowledge of or experience with GS1 Solutions that use GS1 data standards is definitely a plus.
- Experience in working in a complex matrix environment with exposure to international markets
- Degree or equivalent in Business or Technical competency
- Ability to function at a high level while work remotely with no daily supervision
- A good knowledge of GS1 data standards development and execution
- 10+ years’ experience in master data management and data quality
- Communications and experience in managing projects in a global community
- Recognised industry expert on global data standards
- Minimum 4 years of Master Data Management (MDM) experience
- Minimum 4 years of Data Quality services experience
- Minimum 4 years with Informatica, SAS, SQL Server MDM or any related tool
- Minimum of 5 years of management and technology delivery experience
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree
Professional Domain Skills Requirements
- Strong product and program management skills paired with strong technical skills, to convey the value of an MDM solution to the GS1 constituency (pros/cons, challenges, requirements needed, etc.)
- Experience designing and architecting MDM solutions
- Experience leading and mentoring MDM team members
- Experience implementing Data Governance Best Practices
- Ability to apply MDM concepts across technology platforms (sourcing and vending of Master Data) ‘
- Strong understanding or hands-on experience with data quality, data profiling and metadata management
- Strong understanding of data structure classifications, workflow and CRUD processes
- Master Data Domain experience in consultation, business development or product/service management
- Industry experience in one or more of the following industries (financial services- banking, transportation and logistics, CPG, retail, high tech)
- MDM product installation or admin experience is a plus
- Full lifecycle development experience
Professional Career Skills Requirements
- Ability to operate at an executive level in complex and politically sensitive environments
- Engagement at all levels of management
- Ability of operating with credibility with MOs, solution providers and global accounts
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Familiarity with relevant GS1 data standards is a plus.Quick ability to come up to speed on those standards is a must.
- Knowledge of data use case management techniques
- Experience in knowledge management
- Quick learner and ability to understand software services -
- Expert in English, a second language a plus
- Extensive experience in international business and cultural sensitivity is required
- Managerial Courage - provides current, direct and actionable feedback; faces up to problems quickly and directly
- Interpersonal Skills - relates well to all kinds of people at all levels inside and outside the organisation; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact
- Predisposition towards Action - enjoys working hard; full of energy for the things that he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others
- Business Acumen - knows how businesses work; understands what impacts their area of the business
- Customer Focus - dedicated to meeting expectations and requirements of customers; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
- Accustomed to traveling internationally and comfortable operating in diverse cultures
How to apply:
Send your application with CV to:
- Blue Tower, Avenue Louise 326, bte 10
- B-1050 Brussels, Belgium
- Tel: + 32 2 788 78 00
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Responses will be treated quickly and with strict confidentiality.