The following resources are available to help you implement EANCOM®.
- EANCOM 2002 – User Manual
To receive the User Manual, please contact your local GS1 Member Organisation
- Digital Signatures for EANCOM messages
- EANCOM - XML mapping of Trade Item Synchronisation messages
- How to submit an EANCOM Change Request
eCom Standards Survey Reports
- eCom Standards in the GS1 Community 2010
- eCom Standards in the GS1 Community 2010 (Executive Summary)
- View previous surveys
Updates to EANCOM 2002
In the EANCOM 2002 , many updates have been made to the User Manual. To help you to navigate through these changes a series of short documents have been provided as supplementary information to the manual. They are intended to ease any migration issues that may arise when changing from EANCOM 97 (based on UN/EDIFACT D.96A) to EANCOM 2002 (based on UN/EDIFACT D.01B).
- Summary of Accepted Change Requests (August 2008)
- Code Change Request (COCHRE)
- General Change Request (GENERE)
- Message Structure Change Request (MSCHRE)
- New Code Request (NECORE)
- Segment Change Request (SECHRE)
Before doing anything on GSMP CR System, check with your local MO or, in case of an MO, with the eCom BRG Process Manager for a peer review in order to avoid spending time on CRs which are:
- submitted incorrectly
- not required
- already resolved using another solution
This will save time for the submitter and BRG members.
Create a record in the GSMP CR System at http://www1.ean-ucc.org/change_request/index.cfm
Attach one of the following documents depending of the type of CR:
- GSMP_COCHRE.doc for a Code Change Request
- GSMP_NECORE.doc for a New Code Request
- GSMP_SECHRE.doc for a Segment Change Request
- GSMP_MSCHRE.doc for a Message Structure Change Request
- GSMP_GENERE.doc for a General Change Request
Describe your business case, your business needs and the proposed solution in as much relevant detail as possible.
Make sure you mention:
- EANCOM message
- Relevant Directory
- Segment and Segment Group (if it exists)
- Data Element or Composite
As soon as your CR has been created, eCom BRG will assign one of its member to make the Initial Technical Assessment (ITA) using the Initial Technical Assessment (ITA) document.
Based on the ITA, eCom BRG will approve (or not) the proposed solution. If the CR is not approved then an eCom BRG solution could be offered to the submitter.
Once an agreed solution between the submitter and the eCom BRG has been reached, then the CR can be submitted for eBallot.