This section aims to give more information about Extended Packaging as well as tools to use your mobile phone to show how Extended Packaging can work.
What is Extended Packaging?
Extended Packaging is a standards-based approach to allow consumers to access additional information about products through their mobile phones.
- GS1 Member Organisation (MO) Local Pilot Inventory
- Extended Packaging Pilot Report
- Pilots: how to get involved
- Download the Extended Packaging Pilot Handbook
- Got questions? Contact Cameron Green at email@example.com.
Where can I get software to read barcodes?
For demonstration purposes we recommend you use the GS1 Codeonline reader (registration required). It reads both 1D and 2D codes and can be installed on a large number of mobile phone.
To suggest a change to this list, contact Dipan Anarkat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following videos show demonstrations of extended packaging