GS1 develops and maintains the most widely used identification standards that are fundamental to numerous enterprises around the world. The best-known symbol of GS1 standards is the barcode, named by the BBC as one of “the 50 things that made the world economy”. Four decades ago, we started by helping food retailers do business more efficiently and reduce consumer prices. Today, GS1 standards improve the efficiency, safety, and visibility of supply chains across physical and digital channels in 25 sectors, including retail, marketplaces, healthcare, transport and logistics, food service, technical industries, and humanitarian logistics. Our scale and reach – local Member Organisations (MOs) in 116 countries, 2 million user companies and 6 billion transactions every day – help ensure that GS1 standards create a common language that supports systems and processes across the globe.
Payables, receivables & General Accounting
• Get approval, coding and recording accounts payable documents.
• Follow-up on contested invoices & reminders.
• Processing payments via ISABEL software.
• Follow-up on bank transactions and issues.
• Issuing receivable invoices.
• Cleaning Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
• Correctly applying VAT principles to AR & AP invoices recording
• Correctly applying Belgian GAAP to AR & AP invoices recording
• Back-up for recording bank statements
• Back-up for checking employees travel expenses via our expense report system SAP CONCUR
• Support the E-invoicing and purchase ordering system.
• Support the Team and other departments on accounting & administration matters
• Fleet management (follow up of car ordering cars allocation, check budget, enforce car policy…)
• Play an intermediary role between the leasing company & the staff members
• Graduate in Accounting or equivalent
• 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar function
• Good MS Office skills - knowledge of an accounting software, preferably SAGE
• Multi-disciplinary, pragmatic, flexible, pro-active, customer-focused, team-player.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to work autonomously, handle pressure and deadlines.
• Exposure to an international, multi-cultural environment
• Fluent in English, oral and written is mandatory, proficient in French, any other languages are an asset
• Demonstrates passion, energy, and drive in his/her work
• Ability to work with globally distributed team
• Mature political sensitivity to work across a diverse community of interests and cultures
• Organizational, analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
• Hands-on experience with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, Teams, Zoom…
• Ability to effectively communicate with both highly technical and non-technical persons seamlessly
• Excellent time management skills
• Client-focused and results-oriented
• Effective relationship builder – one on one, one to many, internally and externally
• Boundary Spanning Effectiveness - can get things done across multi-functional areas,
• Generates innovative solutions in work situations
• Operates in a manner that demonstrates honesty & integrity; keeps promises and honours commitments (“walks the talk”); behaves in a consistent manner
Travel Requirements: This job will not require global travel.
Send your application with CV to:
Responses will be treated quickly and with strict confidentiality.