Brussels OR Ewing (New Jersey)
Senior Director, Data Services
20 August 2019
The Tech lead for Data Synchronization will provide technical oversight and support for creating and maintaining GS1 standards and solutions in GDSN and the Global Registry Platform.
This position will participate in the creation, management and publication of the GS1 standards while working with the industry and stakeholders.
This position will also participate in the digital transformation of our standards by helping architect GS1’s forward thinking foundation, creating APIs, identifying solutions for making the data dynamic, and creating seamless integration with third party tools.
- Write well-designed, high quality code and contribute to all phases of the Agile software development lifecycle for GS1 Data Synchronization and its components.
- Design and build intuitive, responsive and highly usable UI/UX, RESTful APIs
- Analyse and support various ETLs and integrations between GS1 Data Sync and other systems, internal and external; ensure reliable, performant data flow
- Work with PO, BA and Data Analysts to ensure accurate validations are performed as part of application requirements for the best data quality
- Work with the infrastructure team to ensure all components are designed to take advantage of an Azure managed environment
- Create and maintain technical design documents and specifications, such as OpenAPI.
- Be responsible for full stack development from database to backend to frontend utilizing Java, .NET, Vue.js, and other technologies
- Work closely with product owners and business analysts, and DBA to analyse requirements, identify tasks, create design specifications and meet requirements and milestones for GS1 Data Synchronization
- Ensure software development best practices are being followed including code reviews, QA and release management
- Manage complex targeted projects. This includes the gathering of business requirements as well as their translation to a technical specification. Support initiatives that span the breadth of the GS1 system.
- Focus on the analysis, design and development of solutions for our community in a team environment. He/she will collaborate with functional and industry specialists to assist with execution of solutions. He/she will maintain a focus on detail to ensure deliverables are of the highest calibre, while ensuring that work products are cohesive with the overall landscape.
The ideal candidate is motivated to deliver high quality work to drive customer satisfaction. This person uses their intellect, insight and the ability to influence to build creative solutions with colleagues and community while embracing a collaborative mind-set.
You will be surrounded by people who are smart and passionate about consumer products and e-commerce. You will be working across multiple industries along with a global, diverse and multi-lingual business and technology teams. You will analyse complex business requirements as well as design solutions related to business processes, data ingestion, and data integration between internal and external systems. You will be the SME for product/trade item master data consultation to other areas in the organization. You will have to be able to juggle competing priorities and navigate through the technical and/or business constraints around a problem in order to drive towards a solution. This includes working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the features being developed are not only meet but surpass their requirements and expectations. The ability to listen to others and to develop a mutual understanding across cultures, languages and backgrounds is a key requirement of the job.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Business Administration
- Full-stack development using Java, .NET, Node.js or similar
- Familiar with HTML/CSS/JS
- Deep knowledge of web development frameworks and application design
- Familiar with REST, JSON, XML, OAuth
- Experience with addressing modern security concerns and solutions
- Experience with SQL databases such as PostgreSQL or MS SQL
- Good understanding of Agile/SCRUM methodologies and techniques, including ALM tools such as JIRA
- Experience with PaaS platforms such as Azure
- Experience with re-architecting applications to fit modern, large-scale use cases
- Willing to learn and expand oneself to best fit the needs from a business, functional and technical perspective
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, and analytical skills
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel (VBAs and Macros)
- Fluency in English, oral and written is mandatory
- Ability to effectively communicate with both highly-technical and non-technical persons seamlessly
- Be a proactive communicator
- Experience with product master data management and lifecycle in consumer goods, retail, healthcare
- Ability to work with globally distributed teams
- Ability to effectively cope with change and comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
- Mature political sensitivity to work across a diverse community of interests and cultures
- Effective relationship builder – one on one, one to many, internally and externally, small and large organisations
- High drive and energy
- Boundary Spanning Effectiveness - Can get things done across multi-functional areas; works well within a matrix organization
- One to 3 years experience in similar role
This job may require up to 5% global travel.
How to apply:
Send your application with CV to:
- Blue Tower, Avenue Louise 326, bte 10
- B-1050 Brussels, Belgium
- Tel: + 32 2 788 78 00
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Responses will be treated quickly and with strict confidentiality.