Ewing (New Jersey)
Senior Director PMO
The GS1 Global Office PMO provides leadership and stewardship for several key practices related to portfolio, project and program management. We accomplish this by providing resources and expertise to groups within GS1 GO with the scope of responsibilities includes such activities as:
- Facilitate the on-going management of the GO Project Portfolio with a focus on global projects & programmes including prioritization, coordination and risk mitigation
- Advance our project and program management practice through the standardization and adoption of PM methodologies, tools and process
- Provide skills and expertise towards the management of projects and programs with on-demand support
- Execute training to enable the GO group to leverage and understand the value of utilizing project and program processes and tools
This position is a Project Manager / Portfolio Manager functional role and will report in to the GS1 Global Office PMO lead. As a member of the PMO, this position will actively participate in the creation, rollout, and training for the organization on PMO practices in supportive/Center of Excellence fashion, and may be directly involved in the construction and maintenance of the overall Project Portfolio including monthly progress collection, maintaining the project applications tracking and submissions process, and creation of the monthly portfolio executive report. This person will partner with the Programme Managers and Product Managers to provide PMO support to the projects, programmes, or portfolio with an emphasis on global projects & programmes.
- Partner with Project Leads in the structuring, planning, and executional operation of global projects.
- Assist in the integration planning across Programmes and actively manage cross-project dependencies
- Drive the development of new and maintenance of existing project plans & charter(s) in partnership with business owners and project leads.
- Track the progress of project deliverables.
- Responsible for the project status reporting process for assigned programmes and projects.
- Assist in executing the portfolio status reporting process on a monthly basis.
- Contribute to the development and organizational introduction of GS1 PMO processes and standards (PM Process, PPM Process)
- Approximately 5 years’ relevant experience with Project Management
- Prior experience in a Project Manager role
- Capability to work with remote, globally distributed teams
- Experience in communicating with different stakeholders at different management levels
- Understand the principles of Programme Management
- Minimum of Bachelors’ degree in any related field
- Project planning skills with core project management knowledge required
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Ability to create strong relationships
- A team player, but also with the ability to work well independently
- A team leader, able to collaborate while also able to enforce standard processes
- Motivated to work in a multi-cultural, globally distributed environment
- Fluency in written and spoken English required
- Understanding of the role of a Project Management Office and experience with training internal teams on tools & processes is beneficial
Minimal but possible variable travel, up to 20%.
How to apply:
Send your application with CV to:
- Blue Tower, Avenue Louise 326, bte 10
- B-1050 Brussels, Belgium
- Tel: + 32 2 788 78 00
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Responses will be treated quickly and with strict confidentiality.