Ewing (New Jersey)
GS1 develops and maintains the most widely used identification standards that are fundamental to numerous enterprises around the world. The best-known symbol of GS1 standards is the barcode. Within GS1, the Global Office is responsible for defining, building and operating global services in support of the 115 Member Organizations around the world. These services are operated through multiple Azure-based IT solutions.
The GS1 Global Office IT oversees all aspects of technology including end-user computing, mobile device management, Azure cloud infrastructure, core IT services, vendor management and the SDLC. The IT group is seeking a Microsoft Azure engineer to deliver on various objectives, as well as provide guidance and leadership in developing and implementing new solutions.
The consultant will work on several important IT infrastructure and business application projects that are deployed on the Azure cloud. The scope of responsibilities and activities include:
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the GS1 Azure cloud infrastructure
- Identify IaC, PAAS or native Azure solutions and implement them to meet business challenges
- Work closely with Development and Product teams to deliver enterprise-class, global systems
- Identify best of breed and appropriately sized tools to drive operational efficiency and improve time-to-market
- Raise the bar in Azure cloud knowledge in the group
- Provide technical guidance on special projects/requests as they arise
- Perform performance turning, application support and remediation
- Participate in architectural/technical design of specications
The primary function of this role is to be the SME in Azure Engineering and work with product management to build the cloud infrastructure framework and delivery on said opportunities for GS1. As a member of the IT operations teams, the contractor may also actively participate in the creation, rollout, and training for the organization on cloud best practices, systems integration and synergies in cloud development.
- Prior experience in AGILE development environment
- Be able to cope with a highly regulated environment
- Demonstrated experience in working in a multinational organization and virtual teams.
- Demonstrated experience of influencing key stakeholders across the IT Department and within complex contexts.
- Legally able to work in the US
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or a related technical field or equivalent work experience
- Microsoft Azure Certification is a plus
- Prior SDLC experience is a plus
- Prior experience with Power Platform and FLOW is a plus
- Work closely with developers and other engineers to determine requirements and solutions
- Assist in on-prem to Azure migrations
- Identify gaps and opportunities for Azure adoption
- Escalate issues with Microsoft as required
- Be able to dive into Azure logs, dashboards, configurations/settings, etc. to address issues or provide visibility to application operations
- Follow ITIL best practices for incident and change management.
- Manage user access, entitlements, across Azure, APIM, AD, CRM and IDS
- Manage Azure DevOps and CI/CD pipelines
- Work with developers to setup Azure components
- Participate in AGILE ceremonies as required
- Research and evaluate new technologies to provide more efficient and effective solutions
- 5+ years of experience as a hands-on Microsoft Azure engineer configuring and deploying AFD, WAF, APIM, ADF, ADO, App Services, Data Lake, AKS, Docker, ATP, and Ci/CD pipelines
- Prior experience as Azure DevOps or Site Reliability Engineer
- Prior experience with on-prem to Azure migrations
- Fluent in Azure Portal, terminology, components, offerings, configurations, cost analysis, and security
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking, load balancers, security groups, VPNs, and VNETs.
- Experience with COSMOS, Azure app services, serverless technologies.
- Familiarity with AWS
- Strong sense of self, ethics and effort, as well as the willingness to go the extra mile to achieve important goals.
- Ability to build consensus, making decisions based on many variables, and gain support for major initiatives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain regulatory requirements to IT leaders.
- Strong knowledge of Office tools, and IT capabilities which would be expected knowledge for a senior IT role.
- Strong soft and interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Effective use of Azure Monitor to keep track of all systems to maintain SLA
- Leverage PowerShell scripting to facilitate Azure as well as onsite tasks
- Maintain Windows systems admin including AD, SharePoint and Dynamics
Travel Requirements: Limited
How to apply:
Send your application with CV to:
- Blue Tower, Avenue Louise 326, bte 10
- B-1050 Brussels, Belgium
- Tel: + 32 2 788 78 00
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Responses will be treated quickly and with strict confidentiality.