Brussels OR Princeton
Director Corporate Planning
07 January 2019
GS1 is creating a platform to enable services around the world. A large technology transformation initiative to develop a next generation cloud based SaaS platform, supporting our core B2B and B2C service offerings is underway. This is a tremendous career opportunity for an Agile Business Analyst who enjoys solving global scale problems, working with customers, and has a strong business analysis and agile project management background in software development.
You will be surrounded by people who are smart and passionate about consumer products and e-commerce. Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you learn and use the latest in web and cloud technologies.
The Agile Business Analyst supports the GS1 services product team, to analyse complex business requirements as well as design solutions related to business processes, reports and data integration between different internal and external systems.
The person is responsible for ensuring that business needs are articulated as clear, detailed epics and stories and that the Scrum team has what it needs to continually deliver value. He/she will develop a detailed understanding of the product and know the details of the features inside out. The analyst will juggle competing priorities and navigate through the technical and/or business constraints around a problem in order to drive towards a solution. This includes supporting all Scrum ceremonies, collaborating with the offshore team to prepare new features for development and working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the features being developed are not only meet, but surpass their requirements and expectations.
An Analyst at GS1 will focus on the analysis, design and development of solutions for our community in a team environment. He/she will collaborate with functional and industry specialists to assist with execution of solutions. He/she will maintain a focus on detail to ensure deliverables are of the highest caliber, while ensuring that work products are cohesive with the overall landscape.
The Analysts role is “community‐facing” and is not simply sitting behind a computer in a conference room developing models, charts and tables. On any given engagement, a Business Analyst will undertake a variety of tasks including: developing functional requirements, assessing report requirements, gathering and analyzing data, designing dashboard and report, communicating findings, recognising areas of opportunities, assisting in the development of recommendations, and working with the community to implement solutions.
- Provides business analysis on processes and applications. Identifies opportunities and risks, recommends solutions, and implements corrections.
- Works with product owner and customers to collect and document requirements for new application features.
- Pro-active communicator, be able to grasp the product team’s needs quickly, understand what they really want and translate that into clear business requirements.
- Participates in and leads business analysis / requirements gathering sessions with product team, business partners and other stakeholders to develop robust functional specifications.
- Create use cases, workflow diagrams, and wireframes and collaborate on UI/UX design.
- Provide analyst support to development team for UAT and requirements validation
- Special projects / ad hoc analyses - new initiatives, products, risks and opportunities are constantly arising. You will help evaluate and drive requirements analyses for these important initiatives
- Support agile development projects, working with a Scrum team in facilitating sprint planning, retrospectives, sprint reviews, and daily scrum meetings.
- Engage business/product owners in transforming high level business requirements into proper functional and technical requirements.
- Define and break down requirements into Epics, User Stories and tasks for development consumption.
- Research, aggregate and analyze data; synthesize large quantities of information; extract meaningful insights and make recommendations
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Information Technology related discipline.
- Minimum of one year of demonstrated hands-on systems analysis / business requirements experience supporting product development.
- Knowledge of prototyping and design thinking methodology.
- Experience with cloud-based web applications.
- Experience modelling RESTful APIs and JSON / XML data structures is a plus.
- Experienced in Agile/SCRUM project management methodologies and techniques.
- Experience with Atlassian suite of products (JIRA, Confluence, Trello, etc) or similar agile project management tools.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel (VBAs and Macros is a plus)
- Ability to document and illustrate design concepts is critical to succeed in this job function
- Fluency in English, oral and written is mandatory
- Ability to work with globally distributed teams
- Ability to effectively cope with change and comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
- Mature political sensitivity to work across a diverse community of interests and cultures
- Effective relationship builder – one on one, one to many, internally and externally, small and large organisations
- Ability to effectively communicate with both highly-technical and non-technical persons seamlessly
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent time management skills
- High drive and energy
- Boundary Spanning Effectiveness - Can get things done across multi-functional areas; works well within a matrix organization.
- Expertise in designing reports and dashboards, preferably in the field of data quality us a plus
- Experience with Microsoft PowerBI on a moderate user level is a plus
This job may require up to 20% global travel.
How to apply:
Send your application with CV to:
- Blue Tower, Avenue Louise 326, bte 10
- B-1050 Brussels, Belgium
- Tel: + 32 2 788 78 00
- E-mail: email@example.com
Responses will be treated quickly and with strict confidentiality.