Brussels OR Ewing (New Jersey)
14 January 2020
Objectives of the Position:
This is temporary position to support GS1’s Global LEI Services Programme for 12 months. The Consultant will work together with the LEI Programme Team and the GS1 Finance Department to ensure all reporting and auditing requirements set forth by GLEIF and GS1 are being carried out timely and diligently. The successful candidate will work closely with the LOU manager to fulfil the internal and external financial operational tasks and carry out the reporting between the LEI programme and GLEIF operations.
The successful candidate will work across functions and all levels of seniority within GS1 and GLEIF, as well as various service and solution providers.
This position may also be based in Cologne, Germany
1) Operational Activities
- Prepare and communicate quarterly Registration Agent commission reports
- Ensure all customers payments and invoices/credit notes are booked and accounted for correctly, including bulk order processing; coordinate activities with accounting staff
- Process customer refunds, if necessary
- Responsible for coordination of third-party payment solution provider and associated coordination of tasks between GS1, service and solution provider
- Respond to subject matter-related helpdesk tickets in LEI Support Centre
2) Reporting and Auditing Activities
- Documentation of financial processes and programme forecast in preparation for Annual Accreditation Verification
- Responsible for on-time preparation and fulfilment of all financial reporting requirements set out by GLEIF and GS1 and ensure full financial compliance
- Maintain and update multi-year forecasts on a regular basis, monitor cost recovery and support pricing strategy in alignment with GLEIF and GS1 policies
- Generate reports and presentations for senior management
- Maintain full reconciliation of the Revenue between Accounting reports and the LEI platform, and explain variances if any.
- Maintain all the invoicing reconciliation exercise within LEI program and explain variances if any; keeping a record of financial information covering all the reconciliation areas & produce the commission report every quarter.
- Quarterly review with GS1 Finance Team for financial closes.
3) General Activities
- Become Subject Matter Expert on GLEIF financial requirements: revenue flows, payments, reporting and auditing
- Weekly/monthly/quarterly analytics, as needed
- Participate in regular team meeting
- Knowledge of the Global LEI System, GLEIF and related financial regulations
- Knowledge of payment solutions offered by providers such as Verifone, PayPal, Ingenico, and similar
- Project management skills preferred
- Ability to work with multiple software applications simultaneously
- Experience in operational environment with database maintenance preferred
- Attention to detail and high levels of accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Economics or comparable (Master’s degree preferred)
- 3 – 4 years practical experience
- Microsoft Office Advanced skills in Excel for manipulation of data
- English (required), German (preferred)
- Excellent communicator and collaborator
How to apply:
Send your application with CV to:
- Blue Tower, Avenue Louise 326, bte 10
- B-1050 Brussels, Belgium
- Tel: + 32 2 788 78 00
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Responses will be treated quickly and with strict confidentiality.