GS1 develops and maintains the most widely used identification standards that are fundamental to numerous enterprises around the world. The best-known symbol of GS1 standards is the barcode, named by the BBC as one of “the 50 things that made the world economy”. Four decades ago, we started by helping food retailers do business more efficiently and reduce consumer prices. Today, GS1 standards improve the efficiency, safety and visibility of supply chains across physical and digital channels in 25 sectors, including retail, marketplaces, healthcare, transport and logistics, food service, technical industries and humanitarian logistics. Our scale and reach – local Member Organisations (MOs) in 115 countries, 2 million user companies and 6 billion transactions every day – help ensure that GS1 standards create a common language that supports systems and processes across the globe.
Hands-on data architect to manage a small data analytics engineering and reporting team in a globally distributed environment. Partnering with software engineering teams, infra and product teams to implement data strategies and services. Reporting to Sr. Director, IT and software.
• Support and act as a leader with end-to-end process of data sourcing, transforming, validating, and modeling into insightful data analytics as dashboards, tables, illustrative charts, graphs.
• Liase with product management on new features and translate business requirements into databases, data warehouses, and data streams.
• Understand internal and external data sources and design the flow of data into the company’s Data Warehouse.
• Create prototypes / PoC using PowerBI to help explore solutions to emerging requirements.
• Define the data architecture for Azure cloud native data and PowerBI framework, including performance, security, reference data, metadata, data quality rules and master data.
• Maintain and understand existing data models and create new models as required.
• Work with team to deliver accurate, actionable information that provides business insight and supports daily business activities.
• Design and employ safeguards to ensure data confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
• Implement data governance rules in the data analytics services to ensure compliance with legal and security requirements.
• Support identification of innovative ways to leverage the existing data architecture and help with rapid prototyping.
• Participate in all SAFe PI planning (Scaled Agile Framework) ceremonies
• Bachelor or master’s degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Finance, Business, Engineering
• Building modern large-scale Data Analytics applications using Microsoft SQL DW, Data Factory pipelines, and Power BI or similar technology.
• Hyperscaler cloud platform for data engineering (Microsoft Azure preferred or Amazon AWS Google GCP).
• Data management with efficiency and cost-effectiveness to ingest, store, and use large scale data.
• Familiarity with coding languages like Python to develop applications for data analysis or pipelines.
• Data Ingestion to multi-tier data platform.
• Troubleshooting technology and business problems.
• Guidance on data visualization.
• Tracking technological trends (Synapse, Azure ML, PowerBI, data marts) and business-driven ones (data literacy, self-service analytics) in Data Analytics.
• Strong SQL / Relational databases / data modeling
• Python / Pandas
• Data lake design and related storage format (e.g. Parquet)
• Data governance tools (e.g. Azure Purview)
This job may require up to 5-10% global travel.
Hybrid details: 4 days in office per month minimum
Send your application with CV to:
Responses will be treated quickly and with strict confidentiality.