GS1 develops and maintains the most widely used data standards that are fundamental to numerous companies around the world. The best-known symbol of GS1 standard is the barcode, created 50 years ago and named by the BBC as one of “the 50 things that made the world economy”.
Today, GS1 standards improve the efficiency, safety, and visibility of supply chains across physical and digital channels in 25 sectors (including retail, marketplaces, healthcare, etc.) to ultimately benefit consumers and patients. Our scale and reach – local offices in 116 countries, 2 million user companies and over 1 billion products across the world carrying the GS1 barcode – help ensure that GS1 standards create a common language that supports systems and processes across the globe.
GS1 is also playing a key role in the digital transformation which has accelerated over the last years, with the online world of commerce requiring new modernised data standards, and consumers and patients having new expectations around product transparency, safety, and sustainability.
We are looking for an ambitious and creative Digital & Product Marketing Manager who wants to be involved in one of the world's leading data standards organisations. Do you have experience in digital marketing, interest in e-commerce, data exchange technologies, want to work in a global environment and take the initiative? - Then GS1 may be the place for you.
As Digital & Product Marketing Manager at GS1 Global Office, you support the main global digital marketing activities and as well the development of marketing and go-to-market plans for one of our main products for data exchange – the GS1 Global Data Synchronisation Network (GDSN). You report to GS1 Global Marketing Director and work in close collaboration with the global marketing team, the global business and product development functions, and the local marketing teams across the world. You are responsible for understanding the customer experience across online channels and supports the development of digital and social customer experience strategy and plans for the Global Office. You are also expected to develop the marketing and communication plan to support the growth of GDSN supporting data exchange between business partners.
• Monitor and analyse the customer experience across (CX) all digital channels, understand the customer journey and develop in collaboration with the marketing team the yearly plans for the global digital channels (website, social media), convert it into concrete actions and evaluate results.
• Manage and keep up to date the website content, monitor SEO/SEM performances, identify opportunity for improvement and develop subsequent action plans. Work with multifunctional team (IT, product development) to ensure optimum level of performances on agreed KPIs for reach and engagement.
• Develop clear communication strategy and yearly plans for social media channels and coordinate implementation across global marketing team, and with local offices.
• Develop and update the marketing strategy for GDSN on regular basis to gain senior management support for strategic initiatives and market development activities
• Lead the implementation of the marketing plans, in full alignment with key internal and external stakeholders. Manage the creation of all advertising, digital marketing, social media, marketing content (such as case studies, other collaterals, etc.) and related items to company standards and within budgets.
• Offer necessary customer insights/recommend appropriate market research to drive the building and delivering of transformative strategies and subsequent commercial/marketing plans
• Measure and report on campaigns and other marketing activities to achieve set goals.
• Work effectively with marketing team and across functions and manage marketing budget for own projects.
• Bachelor or master’s degree with at least 8+ years of related experience
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, demonstrate excellent time management skills, and generate innovative solutions in work situations
• Demonstrates passion, energy, and drive in his/her work
• Customer-focused and result oriented
• The candidate will be digital savvy and have strong understanding of all digital marketing channels and experience with digitalisation of the customer experience.
• Knowledge of strategic and operational marketing
• Experience in Retail/FMCG, media agency or in a technology company is mandatory.
• B2B service marketing (such as SaaS) or pure play company experience is a plus.
• Mastery of English, in particular written business English.
• Ability to work with globally distributed team, collaborate and communicate effectively across departments and with marketing function across various countries
• International experience is valued
• To be based in Brussels, Belgium
This job may require up to 10% global travel.
Hybrid details: minimum of 4 days in the office per month
Send your application with CV to:
Responses will be treated quickly and with strict confidentiality.