Brussels OR Princeton
Vice President of Standards Development
- Manage and facilitate the development of user driven, consensus based global standard development work groups.
- This includes managing and overseeing the functioning of diverse groups of user companies and GS1 Member Organisations, providing expert input on: the Global Standards Management Process (GSMP), pertinent business practices and the GS1 system.
- Facilitate and ensure that GS1 standards are developed according to the process as defined in the GSMP Manual. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage and facilitate work groups to: develop, define and drive the group’s scope and strategy to deliver GS1 standards and implementation guidelines.
- Ensure consistency in ‘process and compliance’ to anti-trust and Intellectual Property (IP) requirements during meetings, phone calls, emails, etc.
- Set up and actively facilitate work group meetings and conference calls for any group defined within the GSMP.
- Work with group Chairs to prepare for meetings.
- Administration of GSMP work groups such as: post agendas, meeting minutes and other supporting material in a timely manner to the work group’s Community Room.
- Is the internal “owner” of the work effort materials as they pass through to publication.
- Participate in daily operations of the GSMP Process.
- Escalates issues as defined in the GSMP Manual.
- Collaborate with all GS1 organisational teams to:
- Identify potential chairs for any new Mission Specific Work Group (MSWG) or existing Standards Management Group (SMG).
- Identify upcoming standards work.
- Develop work effort proposals which go to the GS1 Steering Committees.
- A working knowledge of the GS1 system is required in order to ensure that decisions made by the user groups are in conformance/compliance with and maintain the integrity of the GS1 system.
- Strong in the following skill sets: Project management (PMP or Agile Certification a plus), Communication, Team Management, Facilitation, Presentation, Problem Solving, Negotiation, Conflict Resolution.
- Ability to work in an international, multilingual and multicultural environment.
- Fluent in speaking and writing in English. Other languages a plus.
How to apply:
Send your application with CV to:
- Blue Tower, Avenue Louise 326, bte 10
- B-1050 Brussels, Belgium
- Tel: + 32 2 788 78 00
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Responses will be treated quickly and with strict confidentiality.