Healthcare Industry Engagement
Senior Vice-President Healthcare
GS1 Healthcare is a global, voluntary user community bringing together all healthcare supply chain stakeholders, including manufacturers, distributors, healthcare providers, solution providers, regulatory bodies and industry associations.
GS1 Healthcare envisions a future in which the healthcare sector achieves harmonised implementation of global standards in business and clinical processes enabling interoperability, optimal quality and efficiency of healthcare delivery to benefit patients.
GS1 Healthcare is a neutral and open community bringing together all related healthcare stakeholders to lead the successful development and implementation of global GS1 standards enhancing patient safety, operational and supply chain efficiencies.
The Director of Healthcare Engagement will have responsibility for matters related to GS1 Healthcare’s interaction with the Healthcare Provider community, the GS1 Member Organisations (MO’s) and the global users in the Healthcare sector. The position will have responsibility for the execution of projects and programs that advance the GS1 Healthcare strategy as it relates to the provider stakeholders, one of the important pillars in the new 5-years strategy. You will have the opportunity to work with GS1 Member Organisations from across the world, but also with global stakeholders from the major pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers. The ability to build, maintain and drive relationships with key healthcare provider organisations is very important as these are key partners for GS1 Healthcare. In this role you will ensure that the benefits of global standards are well explained to and understood by hospitals and retail pharmacies across the world.
The strategy and direction of the work is determined by the GS1 Healthcare Leadership Team, a group of yearly elected representatives of stakeholders from across the supply chain and GS1 MO representatives. The journey to involve the hospitals worldwide started three years ago and there are still a lot of innovative thoughts and approaches needed to move implementation forward for the benefit of every patient. This requires a passion for this part of the supply chain, a deep understanding of the processes and the commitment to make a difference for patient safety. This role will play an important part in helping global healthcare drive forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes.
The role requires also significant involvement in the activities to drive global harmonisation of GS1 implementation, which is mainly driven by the GS1 Healthcare Public Policy team. Knowledge and expertise in this area is a distinct advantage, and experience with negotiations and discussion with regulatory authorities would be of benefit.
In this role there will also be the opportunity to lead setting the direction of the global GS1 Healthcare conferences, whilst ensuring balanced representation across geographies and functions. These conferences take place every nine months at places which are critical for the success of GS1 Healthcare and have participation from 250 to 400 participants from all over the world.
- Draw on healthcare provider and industry experience to advise and lead related work topics as required
- Oversee and drive implementation of the global strategy related to engagement of hospitals/clinical experts/patients/other healthcare provider organisations to use GS1 standards
- Drive implementation of the GS1 system of standards, supporting GS1 Member Organisations in their work and advising global GS1 Healthcare users as requested and appropriate.
- Maintain the relationships with relevant associations such as International Hospital Federation (IHF), European Association of Hospital Pharmacist (EAHP), Hospital accreditation organisations (ISQua, JCI) and create new relationships where relevant
- Keep abreast of healthcare delivery methods in different countries to help GS1 remain relevant and responsive to Strength Weakness Opportunity Threat analysis
- Support the HC Public Policy team in monitoring regulatory requirements across the world as they relate to GS1 standards
- Drive harmonised implementation through involvement with the healthcare community, but also discussions with regulatory authorities
- Drive the agenda of the global GS1 Healthcare conferences in consultation with others. These are a major mechanism for communication about GS1 Healthcare, driving the strategy and engaging with the healthcare community globally. There is organisational and tactical support for this activity, but the strategic direction for each conference needs to be developed and agreed beforehand and is important for the continuous success of the global conferences.
- Represent GS1 Healthcare at relevant conferences, meetings, forums, mainly related to healthcare providers and regulatory activities as requested by industry and MO’s
- Coach and mentor team members, foster career development
- Collaborate with other business areas and functions of the global organisation
- Have deep knowledge , subject matter expertise, and can bring, share best practices and ideas
- Education and significant experience in Healthcare (pharmacist or clinician) (min. 10 years) with the ability to connect and engage with provider and clinical stakeholders and communicate with them in the appropriate way
- Industry experience in working in a healthcare supplier / wholesaler organisation is preferred
- Engagement in Public Policy and Global Health
- Project leadership and project management experience
- Work experience in a multi-cultural environment
- Experience in roles where influence is more important than control
- Experience with driving strategic agendas for successful conferences is an advantage
- Experience in eHealth and related implementations is an advantage
- Strong leader, but also be willing work on the tactics to deliver a strategy / plan
- Ability to see the big picture, create strategies and deliver the plan, whilst inspiring others
- Ability to create strong relationships
- A team player, but also with the ability to work well on their own initiative
- Responsible and accountable
- Engaged and motivated
- Interest and flexibility for work in a global environment with many different cultures
- Well-developed organisational, interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Developing People
- Very good verbal and written command of the English language
- Microsoft Office suite skills: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Travel Requirements: This job may require up to 25% global travel.
How to apply:
Send your application with CV to:
- Blue Tower, Avenue Louise 326, bte 10
- B-1050 Brussels, Belgium
- Tel: + 32 2 788 78 00
- E-mail: email@example.com
Responses will be treated quickly and with strict confidentiality.