Chief Marketing Officer
The Director Marketing Healthcare, Emerging sectors & solutions is responsible for developing GS1 Healthcare marketing strategies, and executing their operational implementations. He/she is also in charge of the strategy development and implementation of the Emerging sectors & solutions, which include areas like Traceability and digital innovations. Healthcare and Emerging sectors & solutions are amongst GS1 key strategic priorities.
Responsibilities of the position include leading the development of marketing plans and their execution in perfect alignment with the GS1 Healthcare Team, the Healthcare Leadership Team and GS1 Member Organisations (MOs) business plans. He/she will also manage the development and implementation of comprehensive communication programs, and provide MOs with best-in-class marketing materials.
The position will have 2 direct reports, 1 for Healthcare, 1 for Emerging sectors & solutions (although that situation could change based on business priorities, people availability or other organizational considerations). These direct reports will be in charge of the execution and operations of their respective activities. The strategic leader of these activities will be the Director Marketing Healthcare, Emerging sectors & solutions, but he/she should also ensure involvement, participation and motivation to the strategic developments by his direct reports. On the other hand, the Director Marketing Healthcare, Emerging sectors & solutions will also have a significant amount of operational tasks (need to be “hands on”), as any Director position at GS1 Global Office, a Headquarter type of organization where teams are thin and Director and Executives have to produce themselves as well.
The Director Marketing Healthcare, Emerging sectors & solutions will be expected to become one of the leaders of the Marketing department and an active and engaged member of the executive management group of Global Office (group formed by CEO N-2 level people), interacting strongly with his peers of Community Engagement, Solutions and Standard Development.
- Develop and update the marketing strategy on regular basis to gain senior management support for strategic initiatives and market development activities
- Lead the implementation of the marketing operations, in full alignment with MO’s engaged in healthcare, emerging sectors & solutions
- Support the MOs in promoting the adoption and implementation of GS1 standards in healthcare, emerging sectors & solutions
- Measure success of all key initiatives against pre-defined objectives to ensure that all new marketing activities will add value
- Work with business leaders to develop key messages for external or internal communication; develop a communication strategy to inform key stakeholders about healthcare, emerging sectors & solutions priorities, initiatives, challenges and progress; target audiences include GO staff, Healthcare Leadership Team, MOs, key End Users, and Solution Providers
- Manage the creation of all advertising, digital marketing, social media, marketing content and related items to company standards and within budgets
- Monitor compliance to our branding strategy and deploy brand equity and communication strategies for GS1 in the healthcare, emerging sectors & solutions, in line with the overall marketing and communication strategy
- Keep abreast with trends in the industry and share information with other divisions/departments
- Recommend appropriate market research
- Build relationships with key stakeholders in healthcare, emerging sectors & solutions (internal and external), liaise with regulatory bodies, and industry associations and provide feedback and recommendations to senior GS1 leadership
- Represent the company at various community and/or business meetings to promote GS1
- Contribute to the overall success of a user driven culture within GS1
- Manage the marketing budgets for healthcare, emerging sectors & solutions
- Bachelor or master’s degree with 15 years of related experience
- Strategic marketing
- Operational marketing
- Extensive healthcare marketing experience is mandatory
- Digital marketing and social media is mandatory. Ideally the candidate will be “born in digital”. Ideally, the candidate will have experience in content management (= content writing and creation)
- B2B service marketing experience is a plus. And services in healthcare would even be better
- Mastery of English, in particular written business English is mandatory
- International profile. Ideally a person who has lived and worked in other countries than country of origin
- To be based in Brussels, but country of origin can be from anywhere in the world
The following soft skills are essential (even if they seem possibly slightly contradictory): strong leadership on one hand, and strong customer orientation / flexibility / diplomacy on the other hand.
Indeed, strong marketing strategic & executional leadership is expected from the candidate, including creativity and sense to “make things big”. However, the healthcare business leadership and the marketing budget ownership is with healthcare industry engagement, not with the marketing department. Hence the need for customer orientation / flexibility / diplomacy.
Additional required skills are:
- Demonstrates passion, energy, and drive in his/her work
- Ability to work with globally distributed team
- Organizational, analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- To be active, engaged and advanced in digital matters: usage, practice, agility, including usage of social media
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft PowerPoint, Teams, Excel, Outlook, Word, Zoom.
- Ability to effectively communicate with both highly technical and non-technical persons seamlessly
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent time management skills
- Client-focused and results-oriented
- Ability to effectively cope with change and comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
- Mature political sensitivity to work across a diverse community of interests and cultures
- Effective relationship builder – one on one, one to many, internally and externally, small and large organisations
- Boundary Spanning Effectiveness - can get things done across multi-functional areas; works well within a matrix organization
- Generates innovative solutions in work situations
- Operates in a manner that demonstrates honesty; keeps promises and honours commitments (“walks the talk”); behaves in a consistent manner
- Coaching and Developing People
This job may require up to 5 to 7 % global travel.
How to apply:
Send your application with CV to:
- Blue Tower, Avenue Louise 326, bte 10
- B-1050 Brussels, Belgium
- Tel: + 32 2 788 78 00
- E-mail: email@example.com
Responses will be treated quickly and with strict confidentiality.