Brussels OR Princeton
(Sr) Director Data Quality
07 January 2019
The EDI Manager will provide technical oversight and support for the GS1 EDI standards and solutions.
Under general direction of the (Sr) Director Data Quality, this position will participate in the creation, management and publication of the GS1 EDI standards and provide support to the EDI solution implementation projects.
- Collaborate with team members and the global community to deliver to objectives and execute strategies
- Technical knowledge of EDI & Electronic Commerce best practices
- Understanding of the GS1 EDI standards
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to facilitate the work within a collaborative team
- Adapts readily to changes in workload, staffing, and scheduling.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Problem-solving abilities with a keen attention to detail
- Complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Conducts self in a professional manner with co-workers, management, customers, and others.
- Work effectively under pressure, independently, and within a collaborative team-oriented environment using sound judgment in decision-making
- Experienced in Agile/SCRUM project management methodologies and techniques
The ideal candidate is motivated to deliver high quality work to drive customer satisfaction. This person uses their intellect, insight and the ability to influence to build creative solutions with colleagues and community while embracing a collaborative mind-set.
- Undergraduate degree required
- 3-5 years' experience in industry (manager or director level roles such as supply chain, master data management, regulatory affairs, e-commerce, EDI) or similar
- Demonstrated familiarity with at least one of the following: EANCOM, GS1 XML, EDI, X12, EPCIS
- Experience modelling RESTful APIs and JSON / XML data structures is a plus.
- Exceptional planning, communication, writing and presentation skills
- Experience with Atlassian suite of products (JIRA, Confluence, Trello, etc) or similar agile project management tools
- Attention to detail
- Fluency in English, oral and written is mandatory
- Requires experience with implementation, operating, and management of Enterprise EDI B2B systems.
- Strong business and functional process knowledge is required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Practiced analytical skills and the ability to multitask.
- Proven experience in strategic planning and development, project management, partnering, and collaboration.
- Ability to work with and lead globally distributed teams
- Ability to effectively cope with change and comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
- Mature political sensitivity to work across a diverse community of interests and cultures
- Effective relationship builder – one on one, one to many, internally and externally, small and large organizations
- Ability to effectively communicate with both highly-technical and non-technical persons seamlessly
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent time management skills
- High drive and energy
- Boundary Spanning Effectiveness - Can get things done across multi-functional areas; works well within a matrix organization.
This job may require up to 30% global travel.
How to apply:
Send your application with CV to:
- Blue Tower, Avenue Louise 326, bte 10
- B-1050 Brussels, Belgium
- Tel: + 32 2 788 78 00
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Responses will be treated quickly and with strict confidentiality.