Reporting to the EDI Director, this individual will be in charge of supporting the maintenance and evolution of the existing EDI standards in terms of messages, modeling, Global Data Dictionary updates, Guidelines, GS1 Member Organisations support, EDI surveys, Training. He/she will also cooperate in the implementation of the 3-year GS1 EDI Strategy, working on the implementation of the new EDI Semantic Model and the support to new syntaxes and technologies (e.g. API).
- Lead and facilitate the development of user-driven, consensus-based global EDI standards. This includes managing the operation of diverse groups of companies and GS1 organisations, and providing technical expert input on the pertinent business practices and on the GS1 EDI standards.
- Develop models, guidelines and schemas for EDI messages required by industries on the existing and future syntaxes and technologies
- Work closely with Global Office colleagues/Industry Engagement to ensure alignment to effectively support Global Office initiatives/objectives.
- Ensure the updating of GDD, standards and guidelines according to the changes approved by GSMP
- Advise and actively facilitate working groups; provide leadership to develop working group activities to complete projects on time
- Actively participate to development and maintenance of International EDI Standards inside international Standardisation Bodies (i.e. UN/CEFACT, ISO...).
- Prepare e-learning material and provide adequate training and support to MOs
- Proven knowledge of main Retail and Supply Chain environment, processes and players (and basic GS1 standards – GTIN, GLN, SSCC, GS1-128…)
- Experience in EDI project development in the same areas
- University degree
- Knowledge of UN/EDIFACT, XML and other EDI Standards
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Microsoft Project
- Technical skills on mapping tools, telecom infrastructures and protocols, APIs, JSON and Webservices technologies, UML modelling language
- At least 5 years of experience
- Experience in one or more GS1 sectors (retail, transportation & logistics, Healthcare) and on EDI and one or more GS1 standards technologies (e.g., automatic identification and data capture, world wide web, mobile, data synchronisation, , etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience and success business development
- Self-directed and solutions-driven
- Strong organisational skills with emphasis in project management
- Strong International Exposure
- Executive presence
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
How to apply:
Send your application with CV to:
- Blue Tower, Avenue Louise 326, bte 10
- B-1050 Brussels, Belgium
- Tel: + 32 2 788 78 00
- E-mail: email@example.com
Responses will be treated quickly and with strict confidentiality.