Director, Community Engagement – Data IN Programme
03 August 2021
The GLN Registry will be a service to help industry to create, store, and check Global Location Numbers (GLN). This global data service will be offered through GS1 Member Organisations in response to the industry need to be able to reliably know the who and where of business using the GS1 System. The GLN Registry is a core component of the global strategy agreed at the General Assembly May 2019 (the so-called “Singapore Resolution”).
Full responsibility for the GLN Registry Programme including pre-build and deployment activities, in close coordination with the Data IN, Data OUT and Product teams. Full responsibility for all non-technical components of the GLN Programme (further detailed below). Coordinate the day-to-day operations of the GLN programme cross-functional team comprised of Member Organisation representatives and the following functional areas: Community Engagement, Data IN, Data OUT, Product, Data Services, Training & Customer Service, Data Quality, Legal, Solutions, Project Management and Analytics.
Lead this key global initiative and partner across both technical and business spheres of influence to support successful global rollout and use of the GLN Registry.
• Experience building, leading, motivating, managing high performing teams.
• 8+ years’ experience at GS1 and/or supply chain and demand chain related to product, services, solutions and/or standards
• Experience in Industry, Consulting or Solution Provider community, with an understanding of creation and implementation of solutions to business needs
• Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university
• Experience working with and leading globally distributed teams
• Proven ability to effectively leverage cross-functional resources and collaborate with industry associations, regulators and participating companies
• Fluency in English, oral and written is mandatory
• Very strong communication skills including written, verbal, interpersonal, listening skills, presentation creation and delivery
• Ability to effectively communicate with both highly-technical and non-technical persons seamlessly, from the boardroom to the shop floor
• Inspirational Leadership to engage and align global communities
• Mature political sensitivity to work across a diverse community of interests and cultures
• Effective relationship builder – one to one, one to many, internally and externally, small and large organisations
• Ability to learn quickly and through experiences, this project is currently in flight and is being led in a distributed way.
• Strategic thinker - ability to identify, assess and synthesize information about emerging products, services and standards opportunities and their current or future relevance
• Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Boundary spanning effectiveness - can get things done across multi-functional areas; works well within a matrix organisation.
Send your application with CV to:
Responses will be treated quickly and with strict confidentiality.