GS1 is a neutral, not-for-profit organisation that develops and maintains standards that improve the efficiency, safety and visibility of supply chains across physical and digital channels in 25 industry sectors. Our organisation comprises local Member Organisations in 116 countries, with 1.5 million user companies and a Global Office located in Brussels and Princeton, New Jersey.
GS1 Healthcare is a voluntary, global User Group leading the healthcare sector to the successful development and implementation of global standards by bringing together experts in healthcare to enhance patient safety and supply chain efficiencies. GS1 Healthcare members include more than 100 leading healthcare organisations worldwide. More information about GS1 Healthcare can be found at www.gs1.org/healthcare.
We are looking for a full-time intern to join our 14-member global healthcare team and support GS1 Healthcare for a period of six months, starting March/April 2024.
Your responsibilities will be to complete projects and deliverables relevant to the work of GS1 Healthcare. Topics you could be working on include but are not limited to, public policy, sustainability, healthcare providers, emerging technologies or improvement of the CRM system.
Your tasks may include administrative tasks, desk research, minute writing, preparing calls for GS1 Healthcare members, document writing and reviewing, supporting the organisation of events, monitoring developments, providing advice and supporting the overall GS1 Healthcare team. The work you would undertake will help our goal of improving patient safety and efficiency in the healthcare supply chain.
• A university student, studying a healthcare or business discipline, currently enrolled in a course that requires an internship to be completed;
• Must have an interest to complete projects and deliverables relating to improving patient safety;
• Mandatory fluency in spoken and written English (C2 level);
• Mandatory strong computer literacy: MS Office. Especially Excel and PowerPoint skills are required. PowerBI experience would be a great addition.
• Pro-active self-starter with a willingness to use their own initiative;
• Someone who enjoys working in an international environment and who takes ownership of tasks;
• Detail-orientated and organised;
• A team player, open to helping wherever needed
You will gain
• The ability to deliver projects that put your skills into practice;
• Exposure to peers who leading activities for a global organisation;
• The opportunity to be part of a high-performing, engaged and open multi-national team working to help improve patient safety globally.
Indemnity and conditions
This is an unpaid internship with a six-month commitment that is subject to the requirements of Belgian law. This internship could be executed online or at the Brussels office; applicants must, however, be legally entitled to work in Belgium (and show proof, if required).
If you are interested, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter (max. 1 page) and CV (max. 2 pages).
Responses will be treated quickly and with strict confidentiality.