GS1 is a neutral, not-for-profit organisation that develops and maintains standards that improve the efficiency, safety and visibility of supply chains across physical and digital channels in 25 industry sectors. Our organisation comprises local Member Organisations in 116 countries, with 1.5 million user companies and a Global Office located in Brussels and Princeton, New Jersey.
The GS1 Registries Programme supports the deployment of the GS1 Registry Platform (GRP) which contains with the foundational registries relating to the various GS1 identifiers used throughout the supply chain. The goal of the registries team is to accelerate the use of the GRP and the value it creates for companies. Verified by GS1 is the external facing element of the Registry Platform, more information about which can be found at: https://www.gs1.org/services/verified-by-gs1.
The GS1 Global Migration to 2D Programme team is working to address the needs of all necessary stakeholders to prepare (with industry) to ensure that, by 2027, all Retail POS scanners globally are capable of reading and processing 2D barcodes. For more information refer to: https://www.gs1.org/industries/retail/2D-barcodes
We are looking for a full-time intern to join our Global Registries and 2D Programmes team and support our work for a period of six months, starting February 2024.
Your responsibilities will be to complete projects and deliverables relevant to the work of the GS1 Registries and 2D Programmes team. Your tasks may include research, document writing, working on different aspects of events, monitoring developments, providing advice and supporting the overall team. The work you would undertake will help our goal of ensuring the retail experience (across all industry sectors) is founded on quality data and optimal processes, leveraging 2D barcodes and data from Verified by GS1.
• A university student, studying a business discipline, currently enrolled in a course that requires an internship to be completed;
• Must have an interest to complete projects and deliverables relating to furthering the work of both the Global Registries, and Global Migration to 2D teams;
• Mandatory fluency in spoken and written English (C2 level);
• Mandatory computer literacy: MS Office.
• Pro-active self-starter with willingness to use their own initiative;
• Someone who enjoys working in an international environment and who takes ownership of tasks;
• Detail-orientated and organised;
• A team player, open to helping wherever needed (e.g., support the team when we organise an event, etc.).
You will gain
• The ability to deliver projects that put your skills into practice;
• Exposure to peers who leading activities for a global organisation;
• The opportunity to be part of a high performing, engaged and open multi-national team working projects foundational to retailers and suppliers across all industry sectors.
Indemnity and conditions
This is an unpaid internship with a six-month commitment that is subject to the requirements of Belgian law.
If you are interested, email to firstname.lastname@example.org your covering letter (max. 1 page) and CV (max. 2 pages).
Responses will be treated quickly and with strict confidentiality.