Director Marketing Healthcare & Emerging Sectors
29 September 2021
GS1 develops and maintains the most widely used identification standards that are fundamental to numerous enterprises around the world. The best-known symbol of GS1 standards is the barcode, named by the BBC as one of “the 50 things that made the world economy”. Four decades ago, we started by helping food retailers do business more efficiently and reduce consumer prices. Today, GS1 standards improve the efficiency, safety and visibility of supply chains across physical and digital channels in 25 sectors, including retail, marketplaces, healthcare, transport and logistics, food service, technical industries and humanitarian logistics. Our scale and reach – local Member Organisations (MOs) in 115 countries, 2 million user companies and 6 billion transactions every day – help ensure that GS1 standards create a common language that supports systems and processes across the globe. Find out more at
About GS1 Healthcare:
GS1 Healthcare is a neutral and open community bringing together all related healthcare stakeholders to lead the successful development and implementation of global GS1 standards, enhancing patient safety, and operational and supply chain efficiencies.
The development and implementation of GS1 standards is led by the experts who use them: pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers, wholesalers, distributors, group purchasing organisations, hospitals, pharmacies, logistics providers, solution providers, governmental and regulatory bodies, and trade associations. Evidence available from industry implementations shows that GS1 identification, data capture and data sharing standards in healthcare deliver tangible benefit to all stakeholders. GS1 Healthcare members include more than 100 leading healthcare organisations worldwide. Find out more at www.gs1.org/healthcare
The Healthcare Marketing Manager is responsible for executing the GS1 Healthcare marketing strategies, and executing their operational implementations.
Responsibilities of the position include execution of the marketing plans in perfect alignment with the GS1 Healthcare Team and GS1 Member Organisations (MOs) business plans. He/she will also manage the development and implementation of comprehensive communication programs, and provide MOs with best-in-class marketing materials.
The Healthcare Marketing Manager will be expected to become one of the active members of the Marketing department and an active and engaged member of the GS1 GO Healthcare Team.
• Support the development and execution of marketing plans
• Agree content with key stakeholders
• Lead development and print marketing collateral for key projects (brochures, deployment kits, presentations, etc…)
• Manage copywriters, creative, design & printing agencies
• Process Purchase Orders and invoices, maintain budget spreadsheets
• Develop web content and maintain online databases
• Assist in newsletter production
• Participate in large scale events organization, both internal and external
• Lead development of collateral, banners, goodies, etc.
• Manage internal coordination (agenda, speakers, etc.)
• Bachelor or master’s degree with 7-8 years of related experience
• Operational marketing
• Healthcare marketing experience is a plus
• Digital marketing and social media is mandatory. Ideally, the candidate will be “born in digital”. Ideally, the candidate will have experience in content management (= content writing and creation)
• B2B service marketing experience is a plus. And services in healthcare would even be better
• Mastery of English, in particular written business English is mandatory. English native speaker is a plus
• International profile. Ideally a person who has lived and worked in other countries than country of origin
• To be based in Brussels, but country of origin can be from anywhere in the world
The following soft skills are essential (even if they seem possibly slightly contradictory): initiative taking on one hand, and strong customer orientation / flexibility / diplomacy on the other hand.
Indeed, strong marketing executional leadership is expected from the candidate, including creativity and sense to “make things big”. However the healthcare business leadership and the marketing budget ownership is with healthcare industry engagement, not with the marketing department. Hence the need for customer orientation / flexibility / diplomacy.
Additional required skills are:
• Demonstrates passion, energy, and drive in his/her work
• Ability to work with globally distributed team
• Organizational, analytical, verbal and written communication skills
• To be active, engaged and advanced in digital matters: usage, practice, agility, including usage of social media
• Hands-on experience with Microsoft PowerPoint, Teams, Excel, Outlook, Word, Zoom.
• Ability to effectively communicate with both highly technical and non-technical persons seamlessly
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Excellent time management skills
• Client-focused and results-oriented
• Ability to effectively cope with change and comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
• Generates innovative solutions in work situations
• Operates in a manner that demonstrates honesty; keeps promises and honours commitments (“walks the talk”); behaves in a consistent manner
This job may require up to 5% global travel.
Send your application with CV to:
Responses will be treated quickly and with strict confidentiality.