Director of Healthcare Engagement
11 October 2021
GS1 Healthcare is a global, voluntary user community bringing together all healthcare supply chain stakeholders, including manufacturers, distributors, healthcare providers, solution providers, regulatory bodies and industry associations. Our role is to facilitate a neutral and open environment to lead the successful development and implementation of global GS1 standards enhancing patient safety, operational and supply chain efficiencies.
As such, GS1 Healthcare envisions a future in which the healthcare sector achieves harmonised implementation of global standards in business and clinical processes enabling interoperability, optimal quality and efficiency of healthcare delivery to benefit patients.
The Healthcare providers director will have global responsibility for matters related to GS1 Healthcare’s interaction with the healthcare providers and stakeholders, the GS1 Member Organisations (MO’s) and the global users in the Healthcare sector. Therefore, it is critical for the position that the candidate has a clinical background/ experience and extensive work experience in the healthcare provider environment.
The position will have responsibility for the execution of healthcare provider activities that advance the GS1 Healthcare strategy as it relates to the healthcare product identification, barcoding and data exchange requirements, enabling traceability and improving patient safety. The strategy and direction of GS1 Healthcare’s work is determined by the GS1 Healthcare Leadership Team, a group of annually elected representatives of stakeholders from across the supply chain and GS1 MO’s.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with global healthcare providers, industries and associations from across the world, but also with GS1 Member Organisations (MOs). The ability to build, maintain and drive trusted relationships is key .The anticipation and monitoring of healthcare providers needs by involving the global healthcare community is very valuable to the GS1 Global members and the development of the relevant supporting material emphasing the role of GS1 standards is needed to move implementation forward. As such, this role requires a passion for healthcare related developments worldwide, an understanding of the healthcare delivery across borders and a commitment to be a trusted and neutral partner to clinicians and stakeholders. This role will play an important part in helping drive global harmonisation of healthcare related requirements and ultimately improve patient safety.
The role requires also involvement in the activities to enable education and clarifications on the implementation of GS1 standards with the support of colleagues from the GS1 Healthcare team and GS1 MOs. Knowledge and expertise in this area is a distinct advantage. Representation of GS1 Healthcare to internal and external events and meetings will be part of the work. The Director must have strong collaborative skills, willingness to proactively involve stakeholders from all countries and support multicultural working groups.
• Education and experience in Healthcare (pharmacist or clinician) with the ability to connect and engage with provider and clinical stakeholders and communicate with them in the appropriate way
• Experience engagement with other healthcare stakeholders ( industry / solution providers
• Working experience in multi-cultural environment
• Experience in roles where influence is more important than control
• Experience in project management desirable but not essential
• Interest in Global Healthcare
• Strong leader, but also be able “to do”
• Fluent in English, oral and written is mandatory
• Ability to see the big picture, create strategies and work the plan, inspiring others
• Ability to create strong relationships
• Team player with the ability to work well on own initiative
• Responsible and accountable
• Engaged and motivated
• Interest and flexibility for work in a global environment with many different cultures
• Well developed organisational, interpersonal and communications skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Good verbal and written command of English language
• Microsoft Office suite skills: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Travel Requirements: This job may require up to 20% global travel.
Contract type: Independent contract/Consultant Service agreement/ Full time remote.
Send your application with CV to:
Responses will be treated quickly and with strict confidentiality.