Brussels OR Ewing (New Jersey)
Director Customer Service and Training
The primary objective of this position is to design and maintain online training programmes and web-based materials to build knowledge, skills and capabilities on GS1 global standards, services and solutions for the 115 GS1 Member Organisations, their customers and Global Office employees.
To enable the digital transformation, the person in this role works closely with Community Engagement, Marketing, Data Services and Solutions teams on strategic initiatives, ensuring effective and meaningful training is in place.
Based on the training needs, the person in this role also leads and develops e-Learning content by working with subject matter experts, external training agencies and GS1 Member Organisations.
The role also drives the adoption of the new global training platform, making the training material visible and attractive for the users.
- Create engaging learning programmes and compelling course content on GS1 standards, services and solutions for the GS1 Member Organisations, their customers and Global Office employees
- Executes training needs analysis and develop training strategies
- Drive and lead the implementation of online learning programmes
- Design and develop online training material and content as eLearning courses, educational videos, infographics, Power Point presentations and any relevant
- Collaborate efficiently with third parties and training agencies for training development projects
- Collaborate effectively with the GS1 stakeholders (Global Office SMEs and project teams, Member Organisations and the industries that GS1 serves) for all training related activities
- Drive and run virtual groups with training experts from Member Organisations to share best practices, identify common solutions, and scale local materials
- Monitor, evaluate and report on training effectiveness
- Prepare and deliver face-to-face and virtual training sessions
- Act as an ambassador for the new training system management system, promoting and driving the adoption by Member Organisations by providing the right support, communication, training and creating new learning experiences
- University degree or equivalent with 8+ years of working experience in training
- Extensive experience in design, development and implementation of corporate training programmes (in-person and virtual)
- Excellent knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Lesson and curriculum planning skills
- Visual design skills and ability to storyboard
- Ability to write instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts
- knowledge of Articulate Storyline 360 and SCORM (Sharable Content Object Reference Model)
- In-depth knowledge of at least one Learning Management System
- Direct experience in training delivery (in-person and virtual)
- Experience in working with third parties and external training agencies
- Ability to operate in global and complex environments is a must
- Fluency in English, oral and written. Any other language is an asset
- Computer literate (PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office, Zoom, Teams, …)
- Project Management
- Proactive mindset
- Leadership skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with both highly technical and non-technical persons seamlessly
- Excellent presentation and engagement skills
- Strong customer focus
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Team player with the ability to work autonomously
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Ability to work with globally distributed and diverse team
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with changing priorities
- Project Management
This job might require very limited travels in the future.
How to apply:
Send your application with CV to:
- Blue Tower, Avenue Louise 326, bte 10
- B-1050 Brussels, Belgium
- Tel: + 32 2 788 78 00
- E-mail: email@example.com
Responses will be treated quickly and with strict confidentiality.