Brussels OR Ewing (New Jersey)
Senior Director, Data Services
12 August 2019
The Business Data Modeler will provide technical oversight and support for creating and maintaining data models for attributes, EDI and EPCIS as part of GS1 standards and solutions.
This position will participate in the creation, management and publication of the GS1 standards while working with the industry and stakeholders.
This position will also participate in the digital transformation of our standards by helping architect GS1’s forward thinking foundation, creating APIs, identifying solutions for making the data dynamic, and creating seamless integration with third party tools
- Collaborate with team members and the global community to deliver to objectives and execute strategies
- Technical knowledge in creating Data Models using tools such as Enterprise Architect to research and create/manage data models in response to the industry
- Participate in GSMP conference calls/meetings with the industry to ensure GS1 standards are being adhered
- Automate the creation of Data Models and its publishing via APIs
- Facilitate active requirements sessions with project teams and present designs as they apply to the appropriate audience across the GS1 suite of applications including GDD and GDSN. Have a strong grasp of the basic GS1 System to show how standards fit with the process. Be able to look forward into new applications and identify commonalties with the basic GS1 System.
- Manage complex targeted projects. This includes the gathering of business requirements as well as their translation to a technical specification. Support initiatives that span the breadth of the GS1 system.
- Focus on the analysis, design and development of solutions for our community in a team environment. He/she will collaborate with functional and industry specialists to assist with execution of solutions. He/she will maintain a focus on detail to ensure deliverables are of the highest calibre, while ensuring that work products are cohesive with the overall landscape.
The ideal candidate is motivated to deliver high quality work to drive customer satisfaction. This person uses their intellect, insight and the ability to influence to build creative solutions with colleagues and community while embracing a collaborative mind-set.
You will be surrounded by people who are smart and passionate about consumer products and e-commerce. You will be working across multiple industries along with a global, diverse and multi-lingual business and technology teams. You will analyse complex business requirements as well as design solutions related to business processes, data ingestion, and data integration between internal and external systems. You will be the SME for product/trade item master data consultation to other areas in the organization. You will have to be able to juggle competing priorities and navigate through the technical and/or business constraints around a problem in order to drive towards a solution. This includes working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the features being developed are not only meet but surpass their requirements and expectations. The ability to listen to others and to develop a mutual understanding across cultures, languages and backgrounds is a key requirement of the job.
About GS1 Data Services
GS1 is being positioned to deliver the next generation data services strategy to improve supply chain operations and transform the way retailers, manufacturers and healthcare conduct their business.
A large technology transformation initiative to develop a next generation cloud-based SaaS platform, supporting our core B2B and B2C service offerings is underway. This is a tremendous career opportunity for a strong data modeler who enjoys solving global scale problems by directly working with customers, business partners and being in the centre of it by delivering solutions related to data management.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Business Administration
- 3-5 years of related experience in supply chain
- Experience with UML, XML, Excel
- Experience with Enterprise Architect or other visual modelling tool
- Experience with database, SQL
- Experience with JSON, JSON-LD, XML data structures
- Experience with SDLC products (JIRA, Confluence, Github, etc) or similar agile tools
- 3-5 years of experience in coding with Java/Python or similar language
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, and analytical skills
- Experience with product master data management and lifecycle in consumer goods, retail, healthcare
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel (VBAs and Macros)
- Fluency in English, oral and written is mandatory
- Ability to effectively communicate with both highly-technical and non-technical persons seamlessly
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Be a proactive communicator
- Ability to work with globally distributed teams
- Ability to effectively cope with change and comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
- Mature political sensitivity to work across a diverse community of interests and cultures
- Effective relationship builder – one on one, one to many, internally and externally, small and large organisations
- High drive and energy
- Boundary Spanning Effectiveness - Can get things done across multi-functional areas; works well within a matrix organization
This job may require up to 5% global travel.
How to apply:
Send your application with CV to:
- Blue Tower, Avenue Louise 326, bte 10
- B-1050 Brussels, Belgium
- Tel: + 32 2 788 78 00
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Responses will be treated quickly and with strict confidentiality.