Senior Director, Heritage and Core IT Services
GS1 is being positioned to deliver the next generation data services strategy to improve supply chain operations and transform the way retailers, manufacturers and healthcare conduct their business.
You will be surrounded by people who are smart and passionate about consumer products and e-commerce. You will be working across multiple industries along with a global, diverse and multi-lingual business and technology team. You will be a member of the Core IT Services team responsible for providing all IT support and management to the global user and developer community. You will be a catalyst in driving technology change and adoption. You will identify or design technology solutions to improve productivity, collaboration and delivery.
You will be the SME for systems migration and provide consultation to other areas in the organization. You will have to be able to juggle competing priorities and navigate through the technical and/or business constraints around a problem in order to drive toward a solution. This includes working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the features being developed are not only meet but surpass their requirements and expectations.
Become a subject matter expert for GS1 Data Systems & Services supporting global users and application systems. As a member of the IT team, you will address technology issues for users, setup and maintain SAAS offerings, migrate existing platforms to Azure cloud, and work with application developers to delivery sound, supportable and cutting-edge technology solutions for our stakeholders and supply chain user community.
As a platform technologist, you will identify gaps in our migration to Azure/SAAS and not only provide recommendations but work with the IT and development teams to see them to fruition.
You will have a strong understanding of software product design, migration and deployment. You are a hands-on technologist being able to dig in and start configuring systems for POCs, testing and to confirm delivery. You are familiar with LAN administration, networking, DNS, Office 365, Azure and collaboration technologies.
You are a self-starter requiring minimal direction. You will understand requirements, test various solutions to meet requirements and make recommendations as well as deliver on them.
The ability to listen to others and to develop a mutual understanding across cultures, languages and backgrounds is a key requirement of the job; This level performs the majority of their work themselves and can include deliverables which are assigned to others (internally or vendors), where monitoring and reviewing work of others is necessary. This could involve direct or indirect supervision
- Provide infrastructure design expertise
- Work with product owner and customers to understand requirements and create pragmatic and deliverable solutions
- Be a bridge between business & technology
- Design Thinking Knowledge
- Be a pro-active communicator
- Special projects / ad hoc analyses - new initiatives, products, risks and opportunities are constantly arising. You will help analyze and contribute to these important initiatives
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Business Administration
- 5-10 years of related experience in infrastructure design, networking, collaboration
- Hands on experience in Windows, laptops, Office IT support, LAN/WAN administration
- Hands on experience in supporting a development community with tools like GITHub, JIRA, Confluence, Freshdesk, Azure
- Experience with SAAS, PAAS, IAAS, BCP
- Experience modeling RESTful APIs and JSON / XML data structures is a plus.
- Experience with Atlassian suite of products (JIRA, Confluence, Trello, etc.) or similar agile project management tools
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel
- Fluency in English, oral and written is mandatory
- Ability to effectively communicate with both highly-technical and non-technical persons seamlessly
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work with globally distributed teams
- Ability to effectively cope with change and comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
- Mature political sensitivity to work across a diverse community of interests and cultures
- Effective relationship builder – one on one, one to many, internally and externally, small and large organisations
- High drive and energy
- Boundary Spanning Effectiveness - Can get things done across multi-functional areas; works well within a matrix organization
This job is located in our Ewing, NJ location and may require up to 10% travel.
How to apply:
Send your application with CV to:
- Blue Tower, Avenue Louise 326, bte 10
- B-1050 Brussels, Belgium
- Tel: + 32 2 788 78 00
- E-mail: email@example.com
Responses will be treated quickly and with strict confidentiality.