Ewing (New Jersey)
Global Events Manager (50%), Data Services Director (50%)
07 October 2021
GS1 develops and maintains the most widely used identification standards that are fundamental to numerous enterprises around the world. The best-known symbol of GS1 standards is the barcode, named by the BBC as one of “the 50 things that made the world economy”. Four decades ago, we started by helping food retailers do business more efficiently and reduce consumer prices. Today, GS1 standards improve the efficiency, safety and visibility of supply chains across physical and digital channels in 25 sectors, including retail, marketplaces, healthcare, transport and logistics, food service, technical industries and humanitarian logistics. Our scale and reach – local Member Organisations (MOs) in 115 countries, 2 million user companies and 6 billion transactions every day – help ensure that GS1 standards create a common language that supports systems and processes across the globe.
The Global Events and Data Services Responsible will have a double role: at 50% he/she will work on Global Events, and at 50% on Data Services.
On Global Events, the person will be responsible for the entire communication campaigns for each Global Event, from development to execution. The person will also be assisting the Global Events Manager on some other event components like speaker management, video editing, or post-event website.
On Data Services, the person will be responsible for executing and implementing the marketing plans in perfect alignment with the GS1 Global Office team and GS1 Member Organisations (MOs) business plans. He/she will also manage the development and implementation of comprehensive communication programs and provide MOs with best-in-class marketing materials. The person is also expected to become an active member of the marketing team and support transversal activities such as social media activation, website content development, etc.
• Build and execute the communication plans for each Global Event
• Execute email newsletter communication campaign
• Develop and execute social media campaigns
• Speaker management
• Website testing and improvement
• Video editing
• Post-event management
• Support the development and execution of marketing plans in alignment with key stakeholders
• Lead development and marketing content and collaterals for key initiatives across all type of media channels (website, social medias, newsletter, print, event, etc.)
• Manage copywriters, creative, design & printing agencies
• Manage marketing budget for own projects
• Participate in large scale events organization, both internal and external
• Bachelor or master’s degree
• The candidate will be digital savvy, and previous digital marketing and social media experience is essential. Ideally, the candidate will have experience in content management (= content writing and creation)
• Mastery of English, in particular written business English is mandatory. English native speaker is a plus
• International experience is required
• Demonstrates passion, energy, and drive in his/her work
• Ability to work with globally distributed team
• Organizational, analytical, verbal and written communication skills
• To be active, engaged and advanced in digital matters: usage, practice, agility, including usage of social media
• Hands-on experience with Microsoft PowerPoint, Teams, Excel, Outlook, Word, Zoom.
• Ability to effectively communicate with both highly technical and non-technical persons seamlessly
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Excellent time management skills
• Generates innovative solutions in work situations
• Operates in a manner that demonstrates honesty; keeps promises and honours commitments (“walks the talk”); behaves in a consistent manner
This job may require up to10% global travel.
Send your application with CV to:
Responses will be treated quickly and with strict confidentiality.