Brussels OR Ewing (New Jersey)
Senior Director Operations and Conformance
The GS1 Global Office Network Release Operations Manager is a subject matter expert for GS1 Global Data Synchronization Network (GDSN) and standards development process, who provides leadership and stewardship for key practices related to the overall operation and execution of the (GDSN). This includes managing and overseeing the functioning of diverse groups of global industry, GS1 Member Organizations and GDSN Certified Data Pools, providing expert input on the relevant GS1 standards, advancing or assisting in the creating of new GS1 standards, implementations of GS1 Standards, and deployments within the GS1 GDSN. Scope of responsibilities includes such activities as:
- Facilitate the on-going management and execution of the GDSN operational roadmap including prioritization, coordination, communication and risk mitigation with all stakeholders. Maintain focus on detail to ensure deliverables are met within requirements, committed timeframes and budget.
- Facilitate active requirements sessions with project teams as they apply to the appropriate audience across GDSN.
- Manage projects and releases which includes the gathering of business requirements as well as their translation to a technical specification.
- Provide skills and expertise towards the management of GDSN projects and programs with on-demand support.
This position will work closely with the GDSN Business Plan Owner, GDSN Project Manager and GDSN team to ensure cross-functional and organizational objectives are met within time and budget. As a senior resource, this position will focus primarily on the GS1 GDSN Service offering, deployment, product, development, planning and delivery of all network initiatives.
This role is ‘community-facing’ and will undertake a variety of tasks including: developing functional requirements, gathering and analyzing data, designing data models, augmenting / assisting development and key stakeholders, and working with the community to implement solutions.
GDSN is a GS1 global services offering which is the world’s largest product data network that facilitates global trading partners to share high-quality product information in a secure, reliable environment.The network is comprised of GDSN Certified Data Pools who are a combination of independent Solution Providers and GS1 Member Organisations.
- Responsible for the development and execution of the GDSN network operational roadmap in partnership with all key internal / external stakeholders.
- Work with GDSN product owner and key stakeholders to understand requirements and create pragmatic and deliverable solutions and timelines
- Work closely with the GDSN Community of Certified Data Pools and Trading Partners to facilitate overall GDSN network operations on a day-to-day basis.
- Special projects / ad-hoc analyses to include new initiatives, products, risks, opportunities and issues as they arise.
- Research, aggregate and analyze data; synthesize information for meaningful insights to network trends for recommendations.
- 5 – 10 years related experience in supply chain
- Experience with GDS, PIM and interactions in the GDSN ecosystem
- Experience with product master data management and lifecycle in consumer goods, retail, healthcare
- Experience related to technical system development and/or product client delivery management
- Ability to effectively communicate with both highly-technical and non-technical persons seamlessly
- Experience in communicating with different internal and external stakeholders at different management levels
- Mimum of Bachelors’ degree in any related field
- Hands on experience with Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to create strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- A team player, but also with the ability to work well independently
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, globally distributed environment
- Ability to appropriately target written and verbal communications to various audiences, from developers to C-level executives
- Fluency in written and spoken English required
Minimal but possible variable travel, up to 20%
How to apply:
Send your application with CV to:
- Blue Tower, Avenue Louise 326, bte 10
- B-1050 Brussels, Belgium
- Tel: + 32 2 788 78 00
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Responses will be treated quickly and with strict confidentiality.