Ewing (New Jersey)
PMO and Product Management Leaders
The SAFe Program Consultant position will be responsible for driving Agile Transformation at Scale and evolving Agile Maturity within the organization. The position is responsible for coordinating with cross-functional stakeholders in the initiating, development and execution of incremental improvement initiatives across the organization.
This ideal candidate will have the vision, direction, autonomy to build and implement a scaled agile programme with input from PMO and Product Management. The SAFe Program Consultant must be able to work independently to create and execute the implementation strategy. Strong communication, leadership and training facilitation skills are a must.
- Drive the initial implementation of a Scaled Agile Programme that will set a Programme Increment Schedule and Process.
- Craft and facilitate a SAFe training program specific for the GS1 organisation to deliver trainings and workshops that influence team members, executives, leaders, and entire portfolios on Agile (principles, values, how to build, grow, and maintain a thriving agile organization at scale through SAFe principles).
- Design and implementation of consistent and standardized SAFe processes to execute program increments.
- Conduct ongoing evaluations to ensure the effectiveness of Agile programs and recommend complex and/or highly comprehensive training modifications as necessary.
- Oversee release trains with complex scope and interdependencies.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with business and technology stakeholders including Senior Leadership, Product Managers/Owners, Architects, Development Managers, Quality Professionals, Development Operations, Programme Directors as appropriate to help establish priorities.
- Create and maintain appropriate metrics to facilitate discussions on the SAFe program operations.
- Conduct Programme Increment Planning, Scrum of Scrums, PO Sync, System Demos, and Inspect and Adapt workshops for the release train.
- Facilitate management programme risks, facilitate identification of risk mitigation strategies and drive issue resolution.
- Be legally authorized to work permanently in the United States
- 5+ years’ experience performing as an Agile team member such as Agile Team Facilitator / Release Train Engineer, Product Owner, Analyst or Engineering practice lead
- 4+ years’ experience as an Agile Coach or working in a similar role in a SAFe environment with demonstrated experience standing up new teams
- Working knowledge of the software development lifecycle and methodologies
- Ability to influence change across both team and leadership levels through relationship building and collaboration
- Release Train Engineer, Agile Coach or Agilist certification(s) from Scrum Alliance, ICAgile, Project Management Institute, SAFe or other agile organizations
- Demonstrates Agile mindset and working knowledge of Agile techniques including Scrum, Kanban, User Story Writing, and a scaling framework such as SAFe
- Experience with training development and delivery
- Strong collaboration, facilitation and conflict management skills
- Fluent in English, oral and written is mandatory
- Demonstrates passion, energy, and drive in his/her work
- Ability to work with globally distributed team
- Organizational, analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft PowerPoint, Teams, Excel, Outlook, Word, Zoom.
- Ability to effectively communicate with both highly technical and non-technical persons seamlessly
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent time management skills
- Client-focused and results-oriented
- Ability to effectively cope with change and comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
- Mature political sensitivity to work across a diverse community of interests and cultures
- Effective relationship builder – one on one, one to many, internally and externally, small and large organisations
- Boundary Spanning Effectiveness - can get things done across multi-functional areas; works well within a matrix organisation
- Generates innovative solutions in work situations
- Operates in a manner that demonstrates honesty; keeps promises and honours commitments (“walks the talk”); behaves in a consistent manner
- Ability to define and deliver process training targeting specific groups/roles
How to apply:
Send your application with CV to:
- Blue Tower, Avenue Louise 326, bte 10
- B-1050 Brussels, Belgium
- Tel: + 32 2 788 78 00
- E-mail: email@example.com
Responses will be treated quickly and with strict confidentiality.