We are looking for a talented and highly motivated lawyer to support our growing and evolving activities.
You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced, international and federated environment with broad, generalist responsibilities and outlook, but with a good level of subject skills in IT, IP and competition law.
You will counsel the GS1 Global Office business operations in Belgium and in the US, by giving pro-active, professional, competent, effective and pragmatic legal support. You will also collaborate with local GS1 Member Organisations, as part of common projects, on legal risk and business strategies and other issues related to the organisation’s activities.
You will bring negotiation, communication and drafting skills, as well as business sense to deal with multiple functional teams in a changing environment.
You will be required to work independently and take on projects, as part of various teams, in addition to the day job.
Your main responsibilities will cover a variety of legal issues concerning the activities of our federation as a standards development organisation, issuer of identification and provider of registry services.
- Support GS1 Global Office departments with legal matters including the drafting and review of contracts, advice and assistance on various legal aspects, including corporate & commercial law matters, IT/IP law questions, with high awareness of relevant competition law aspects;
- Handle legal issues related to or arising from GS1’s activities around the development of standards, the development and operation of registry/data-related services and internal compliance matters;
- Support GS1 Member Organisations all over the world with legal and policy questions connected to the federation’s activities;
- Report to the General Counsel.
You have a Master in law, obtained in the EU.
You have minimum 10 years of experience, including:
- Several years’ experience in a law firm with good knowledge of IP/IT law issues, and related competition law issues; and/or several years’ experience as Legal Counsel or Legal Advisor in a multinational company or in an international association;
- You have already worked in an international environment and/or abroad;
- You have a mother tongue level or equivalent of English and French;
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills;
- You are sociable, resourceful, calm, diplomatic, hard-working, and discrete.
- Fluent in English, oral and written is mandatory
- Demonstrates passion, energy, and drive in his/her work
- Ability to work with globally distributed team
- Organizational, analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft PowerPoint, Teams, Excel, Outlook, Word, Zoom
- Ability to effectively communicate with both highly technical and non-technical persons seamlessly
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent time management skills
- Client-focused and results-oriented
- Ability to effectively cope with change and comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
- Mature political sensitivity to work across a diverse community of interests and cultures
- Effective relationship builder – one on one, one to many, internally and externally, small and large organisations
- Boundary Spanning Effectiveness - can get things done across multi-functional areas; works well within a matrix organization
- Generates innovative solutions in work situations
- Operates in a manner that demonstrates honesty; keeps promises and honours commitments (“walks the talk”); behaves in a consistent manner
This job may require up to 5% global travel.
How to apply:
Send your application with CV to:
- Blue Tower, Avenue Louise 326, bte 10
- B-1050 Brussels, Belgium
- Tel: + 32 2 788 78 00
- E-mail: email@example.com
Responses will be treated quickly and with strict confidentiality.