Brussels OR Princeton
Steven Keddie (Senior Director, AIDC)
A Subject Matter Expert for the AIDC Team supporting the various efforts of the team as well as the GSMP (Global Standards Management Process) in the development of user driven, consensus based global standards. Provide subject matter expertise on GS1 standards and their application in business processes. Act as lead analyst and lead editor in the development of new standards and guidelines and the maintenance of existing content.
- Lead analyst and editor for AIDC standards/guidelines, including the GS1 General Specifications
- Strategy advisor, supporting the AIDC lead and GS1 management in developing standards and data services strategies.
- Support IE, Helpdesk, Training dept (focus on AIDC deployment and knowledge transfer).
- Support Data Service development (focused on AIDC standards compliance)
- GS1 representative to external standards-based communities (ISO/IEC JTC1 / SC31 WG2 Data and structure)
- “Subject Matter Expert” for Work Requests (document of record for new standards or changes to existing standards) as it passes through to publication
- Is involved in the development and realization of AIDC GS1 Business Plan
- Active involvement in supporting cross-functional teams within GS1 Global Office (ex.: Industry Engagement, Solutions & Innovation, Data Systems, etc.).
- Influence product development within the solution provider community to ensure GS1 AIDC solutions are deployed and supported within new product releases.
- Familiarity with barcode and RFID technologies as they are currently being implemented in the marketplace
- A working knowledge of the GS1 system is required in order to ensure that decisions made are in conformance with and maintain the integrity of the GS1 system.
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills; problem solving and negotiation skills; conflict resolution skills.
- Knowledge of data analytics, skilled in the use of MS Excel, SQL, business intelligence tools such as Power BI.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university as well as 5 or more years of related experience and contact with: Trading Partners, Solution Providers or 3rd Party Logistics Providers in one or more of the following areas: Transport & Logistics, Retail, Healthcare and/or printing, packaging.
How to apply:
Send your application with CV to:
- Blue Tower, Avenue Louise 326, bte 10
- B-1050 Brussels, Belgium
- Tel: + 32 2 788 78 00
- E-mail: email@example.com
Responses will be treated quickly and with strict confidentiality.