Brussels OR Princeton
GS1 is being positioned to deliver the next generation standards & services to improve supply chain operations and transform the way retailers, manufacturers and healthcare conduct their business. A large business & technology transformation initiative to develop a next generation SaaS platform, supporting our core B2B and B2C service offerings is underway. This is a tremendous career opportunity for a strong global program director who enjoys solving global scale problems by directly working with customers, business partners and being in the center of it by delivering solutions related to data management.
The Project Management Office will establish a GS1 Global Office Project Management Office.
The PMO will be the Process owner of Project Management and Project Portfolio Management Process. The PMO will be responsible of professionalization of project management at Global office.
The Project Management Office is the information hub for projects and programmes within the portfolio and involves tracking/reporting, assurance/quality control, information management, financial tracking, risk/issue tracking, change control, support and knowledge management/learning from experience. The Project Management Office will add value through the knowledge, skills and experience of its staff.
You will be surrounded by people who are smart and passionate about consumer products and e-commerce. You will be working across multiple industries along with a global, diverse and multi-lingual business and technology teams. You will analyse complex business project plans as well as design solutions related to business processes, data ingestion, and data integration between internal and external systems. You will be responsible for creating governance and leading teams in a matrixed and complex organization. You should understand product/trade item master data consultation to other areas in the organization. You will have to be able to juggle competing priorities and navigate through the technical and/or business constraints around a problem in order to drive towards a solution. This includes working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the features being developed are not only meet but surpass their requirements and expectations.
The role of this position will include: tracking status of projects deliverables and milestones; supporting the adoption of the project lifecycle and deliverables; project level risk and issue coordination; monitoring the status of projects transitioning into normal service; coordination of the regular project and programme level reporting cycles; co-ordination of project Governance arrangements, Post Project Reviews, Project level workshops.
Additional responsibilities include assisting the PMO Manager with defining and updating the
project management processes, standards and governance, assisting Project Managers on
large projects, contributing to Quality Reviews, and coordinating activities in support of
At times the PMO may be asked to provide project support, when this is the case this
will include, amongst other things, ensuring project plans and project documentation are
complete and up-to-date, provide regular project status updates, help acquire the necessary
resources and skills, and contribute to the delivery of business systems to meet identified
Governance & Control:
Implement governance standards across the portfolio, including tracking, monitoring and
updating the status of project deliverables.
Manage project level Lessons Learned repository; attend Post Project Review meetings to
identify key areas of improvement to be captured into the Lessons Learnt repository.
Manage the project level risks and issues register.
Planning, Reporting & Control:
Work to develop Project Standards guide, seeking contributions
from Project Managers, QA Team, Development Team and Service Implementation Lead to
ensure that the Standards meet best practice.
Organise workshops to identify areas of improvement for projects, documenting
recommendations and presenting them to leadership.
Build up a repository of project templates both technical and management to support the
Project Managers – use examples from current and past projects to identify best practice.
Continue to evolve the processes and templates throughout the project lifecycle.
Implement project standards across all projects in the portfolio.
Update and administer the project plan as required using reports from Project Managers
and the outcomes of project and board level meetings and workshops.
Manage communications from the PMO mailbox including regular reporting cycle requests.
Prepare consolidated material from project reports for monthly review.
Complete and distribute monthly portfolio level reports.
Manage the portfolio-level benefits register, ensuring that all benefits are planned, monitored
and benefits realisation is tracked.
Support implementation of the quality strategy, including any processes and templates, across
Implement the change control process across all projects and portfolios.
Providing effective management support to project teams on small to medium sized projects, or assisting Project Managers on streams of other large projects.
Co-ordination of publication, review and sign-off of major Project Management deliverables.
Ensuring project plans are created and maintained, deliverables tracked against time and cost,
and resource utilisation is monitored.
Monitoring and reporting on progress of the project to the Project Board and all stakeholders.
Co-ordinating quality activities to meet quality objectives. Managing project risks, issues and
change control, communicating the impact to the project.
Monitoring projects against time, budget and quality standards.
Identifying the location of support to resolve technical issues, effecting the transition into
support, and formally closing off the project.
Conducting or contributing to post implementation reviews and identifying any lessons learned
Feeding carry-forward items back into the project plan.
- Bachelor or Master Degree with having 10 years of related experience
- Experience with Atlassian suite of products (JIRA, Confluence, Trello, etc) or similar agile project management tools
- Experience with Smartsheet
- Fluency in English, oral and written is mandatory & Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft PowerPoint, Teams, Excel (VBAs and Macros)
- Ability to effectively communicate with both highly-technical and non-technical persons seamlessly
- Strong program & project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent time management skills
- Agile Software Development
- Retail / Manufacturing industry experience a plus
- Individual Contributor with management experience and a level of diplomacy
- Proven presentation skills
- Client Focused and Results-oriented
- PMP certification a plus
- The ability to listen to others and to develop a mutual understanding across cultures, languages and backgrounds is a key requirement of the job; This level performs the majority of their work themselves and can include deliverables which are assigned to others (internally or vendors), where monitoring and reviewing work of others is necessary. This could involve direct or indirect supervision.
- High drive and energy and the ability to work with globally distributed teams
- Ability to effectively cope with change and comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
- Mature political sensitivity to work across a diverse community of interests and cultures
- Effective relationship builder – one on one, one to many, internally and externally, small and large organisations
- Boundary Spanning Effectiveness - Can get things done across multi-functional areas; works well within a matrix organization
This job may require up to 20% global travel.
How to apply:
Send your application with CV to:
- Blue Tower, Avenue Louise 326, bte 10
- B-1050 Brussels, Belgium
- Tel: + 32 2 788 78 00
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Responses will be treated quickly and with strict confidentiality.