Get your Major Release questions answered!
If you have any questions regarding the GDSN Major Release you can submit them to GDSN@gs1.org. This will allow us to direct your questions to the appropriate department for an answer.
Major Release Milestones:
- Standards Development – In Progress
- Validation Rules – In Progress
- Business Message Standards (BMS) – In Progress
- Global Product Classification (GPC) – In Progress
- GPC is published twice per year, with each release deployed to GDS six months after publication. Because of the GDS MR 3.X, the GDSN deployment of GPC will not change for the following two GPC releases:
- Dec-2014 (Deployed to GDS in Dec-2015)
- Dec-2015 (Deployed to GDS in Dec-2016)
Global Product Classification (GPC) Dec-2014 Publication
- A new version of the GPC Standard has been published and is due for implementation into the GDSN Network in the near future. This implementation of GPC brings valuable new content such as new Bricks to expand classification in Vegetable/Plant Oil, Cosmetics, Sugar/Sugar Substitutes, Snacks, Ready-Made Meals, Meat & Poultry, Lottery Scratch Cards, Children’s Activity Based Books, Sweet Curd Cheese, and Fresh Fruits/Vegetables.
Link to Global Product Classification Standards
- Efficient Codelists (ECL) – In Progress
Below are high level activities that the community should be tracking for the Major Release. For more information about the GDSN Major Release click here: GDSN Major Release Website
Data Pool Activities
Data Pools should currently be engaging in readiness assessment with trading partners.
||Sept – April
Trading Partners Activities
Trading Partners should currently be working with their Data Pool to develop an action plan.
||Sept – April
GDSN has launched the 3.1 Beta Environment for Data Pools to begin testing with their communities.
||July - March
GDSN is working with all Data Pools to track their readiness and their ability to implement in May 2016
- GDSN Major Release Migration Documentation updates are published monthly
- Make sure you take the time to vote on new GDSN eBallots Click here for the eBallots!
- The Globally Managed Data Standards Maintenance Group (GDS SMG) weekly conference call is every Tuesday from 9:00 – 11:00 it is dedicated as the forum for discussion and resolution of these questions. Please join. http://community.gs1.org/apps/org/workgroup/gsmpgdssmg/
End of the Month Publications for GDSN Migration Documents
GDSN Major Release Migration Documentation will be updated as changes occur and will be published to the website at the end of each month. This section of the community announcement will reflect the documents that have been updated and posted to the website along with any upcoming publications.
The Following Documents were posted to the website end of July:
- Nutrition Claims Data Migration
GDSN Upcoming Events
GS1 Standards Event - GDSN User Group Meeting - Warsaw, Poland Click here for more information!
For more Information about the Major Release
Please contact us at: GDSN@GS1.ORG