- We are on Twitter! For recent news and topics join us on twitter @GS1_GDSN
- Save the date: Global webinar on GDSN and Major Release, 1 October 2015. Understand the key changes to GDSN and related impacts of Major Release 3
- Just a reminder that there are changes being made to the GS1 website which should be done early next week. As part of the changes, the links to the context documents have been temporarily removed from the Website. They will be available Monday morning, 21 September CET.
Major Release Milestones:
- Standards Development – Complete
- Validation Rules – Published
- Business Message Standards (BMS) – Final Update
Below are high level activities that the community should be tracking for the Major Release. For more information about the GDSN Major Release click here: GDSN Major Release Website
Data Pool/Date Pool Solution Provider Activities
Data Pools should currently be developing Migration Documentation for Trading and Solution Providers.
||Sept - April
Trading Partners Activities
Trading Partners should currently be working with their Data Pools/Data Pool Solution Providers to Schedule Testing.
||Sept - April
GDSN has launched the 3.1 Beta Environment for Data Pools to begin testing with their communities.
||July - March
GDSN is working with all Data Pools to track their readiness and their ability to implement in May 2016
End of the Month Publications for GDSN Migration Documents
GDSN Major Release Migration Documentation will be updated as changes occur and will be published to the website at the end of each month. This section of the community announcement will reflect the documents that have been updated and posted to the website along with any upcoming publications.
The Following Documents were posted to the website end of August:
- If you have any questions regarding the GDSN Major Release you can submit them to GDSN@gs1.org. This will allow us to direct your questions to the appropriate department for an answer.
- GDSN Major Release Migration Documentation updates are published monthly
- The Globally Managed Data Standards Maintenance Group (GDS SMG) weekly conference call is every Tuesday from 9:00 – 11:00 it is dedicated as the forum for discussion and resolution of these questions. Please join. http://community.gs1.org/apps/org/workgroup/gsmpgdssmg/
GPC is published twice per year, with each publication deployed to GDS six months after publication. The following publications are available on the GPC Website Click here to View Publications:
- GPC publication Jun 2014 - Currently in production in GDSN.
- GPC publication Dec 2014 - This publication is scheduled for deployment into GDSN production in December 2015. This is as a result of the planning for the GDSN Major Release.
- GPC publication Jun 2015 - This publication is scheduled for deployment into GDSN production in December 2015. This is as a result of the planning for the GDSN Major Release.
GDSN Upcoming Events
GS1 Standards Event - GDSN User Group Meeting - Warsaw, Poland Click here for more information!
For more Information about the Major Release
Please contact us at: GDSN@GS1.ORG