Marketing & Communications
Chief Marketing Officer
The Director Healthcare & Data is responsible for developing and implementing the marketing strategies of GS1 in the healthcare sector, and for all marketing activities related to healthcare. The Director will also be in charge of the marketing for GS1 Product Data. Healthcare and product data are 2 of the 3 key strategic priorities of GS1.
It is expected that the task allocation of the position will be: 70% healthcare and 30% data. However, depending on GS1 strategic evolution, it is possible that within the 6 to 12 months, Data marketing responsibility would move to another position to be created. In which case, the Director Healthcare would receive other strategic priorities to complete the 30%.
Responsibilities of the position include leading the development of marketing plans and their execution in perfect alignment with MO business plans. He/she will also manage the development and implementation of comprehensive communication programs, and provide MOs with best-in-class marketing materials.
The position is based in Brussels and requires approximately 10 to 15 % travel time all over the world.
- Develop and update every year the marketing plan to gain senior management support for strategic initiatives and market development activities
- Lead the implementation of the marketing plan, in full alignment with MO’s engaged in healthcare and/or product data
- Support the MOs in promoting the adoption and implementation of GS1 standards in healthcare and/or product data
- Measure success of all key initiatives against pre-defined objectives to ensure that all new marketing activities will add value
- Work with business leaders to develop key messages for external or internal communication; develop a communication strategy to inform key stakeholders about healthcare and/or data priorities, initiatives, challenges and progress; target audiences include GO personnel, HC LT, MOs, key End Users, and Solution Providers
- Manage the creation of all advertising, p-o-s materials, merchandise, marketing literature and related items to company standards and within budgets
- Monitor compliance to our branding strategy and deploy brand equity and communication strategies for GS1 in the healthcare and/or data sector, in line with the overall marketing and communication strategy
- Keep abreast with trends in the industry and share information with other divisions/departments
- Recommend appropriate marketing research
- Build relationships with key stakeholders in the HC and/or data sector (internal and external), liaise with regulatory bodies, and industry associations and provide feedback and recommendations to senior GS1 leadership
- Represent the company at various community and/or business meetings to promote GS1
- Contribute to the overall success of a User driven culture within GS1
- Manage the marketing budgets for healthcare and data
- The “dream candidate”: 8-10 years experience in B2C marketing + 8-10 years experience in B2B marketing in pharma/medical device sector.
- International profile. Ideally a person who has lived and worked in other countries than country of origin
Hard Skills Requirements:
- Strategic marketing
- Operational marketing
- Healthcare experience
- B2C and B2B marketing experience
- An affinity with the digital world, including the world of “big data” is a plus
- Mastery of English, in particular written is a plus
- To be based in Brussels, but country of origin can be from anywhere in the world
Soft Skills Requirements:
The following soft skills are essential (even if they are possibly slightly contradictory): strong leadership on one hand, and strong customer orientation / flexibility / diplomacy on the other hand.
Indeed, strong marketing strategic & executional leadership is expected from the candidate, including creativity and sense to “make things big”. However the healthcare business leadership and the marketing budget ownership is with healthcare industry engagement, not with the marketing department. Hence the need for customer orientation / flexibility / diplomacy.
- Aligning Performance for Success
- Coaching and Developing People
- Customer focus
- Drive for results
- Functional Mastery
- Inspirational leadership
- Passion & Initiative
- Resilience & Adaptability
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Trust and Integrity
How to apply:
Send your application with CV to:
- Blue Tower, Avenue Louise 326, bte 10
- B-1050 Brussels, Belgium
- Tel: + 32 2 788 78 00
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Responses will be treated quickly and with strict confidentiality.