President, Industry Engagement & Standards Development
Direct reports: Five (3 in Training & Education, 2 in Customer Service)
Objectives of the position
Full responsibility for the leadership, strategy development and execution of GS1 Training & Education and Customer Service, in close coordination with sector, solutions and service leaders. Lead key global initiatives across both Training & Education and Customer Service to support execution of the GS1 Strategy. Raise awareness and knowledge across the GS1 community as an evangelist of the importance of building capabilities and providing incredible customer service across our Global Office, our 112 country-focused Member Organisations and the industries that we serve.
This role includes the leadership of a team of motivated professionals who develop training materials and provide customer service support on pertinent standards, services, solutions, business practices and technologies.
- Full responsibility for the development and implementation of the Training and Education Strategy (covering our Global Office, our 112 Member Organisations and the industries that we serve).
- Full responsibility for the development and execution of a Global Customer Service strategy.
- Alignment of T&E and Customer Service with GS1 Strategy to achieve organisational goals and objectives.
- Ensure that the needs of GS1 Member Organisations (MOs) are effectively captured, prioritized and met.
- Provide guidance and support to sector, service and solution leaders, assisting them with the development and execution of the training components of their strategies.
- Work collaboratively with all stakeholders to establish appropriate prioritization of activities and to monitor progress against agreed objectives.
- Cultivate relationships with and maintain support across MO training and customer service teams
- Create meaningful messages and materials to inspire participation in Training & Education and Customer Service, be a strong voice for GS1 at forums, conferences and public engagements.
- Assist sector, service and solution leads with the coordination and forward progress on existing priorities, manage challenges to schedule, budget, scope, etc…as they arise
- Coordinate objectives with GS1 President, Industry Engagement & Standards Development to execute vision of GS1 across the enterprise.
- Lead the Training & Education and Customer Service teams, motivate and empower staff and ensure close coordination of priorities with senior management and other GS1 Global Office departments
- Identify training and development needs of MO staff
- Oversee the design, development and deployment of new training materials (PowerPoints, brochures, videos, webinars, e-Learnings, etc.)
- Coordinate the delivery of classroom trainings to MO staff
- Prepare and track budget of classroom trainings and of new training materials development
- Coordinate the subject matter experts that may be in charge of classroom trainings and that may be involved in new training material development and maintenance
- Supervise revisions and updates to existing training and customer service material and documentation (e.g. FAQ’s, training content, publications, etc.)
- Provide clear and periodic reporting’s on all aspects of Training & Education and Customer Service
- Individual Contributor for development of training materials
- Individual Contributor for delivery of classroom trainings on an ad-hoc basis
- Oversee the management of the Helpdesk for the Member Organisations (development, maintenance, reporting, escalation, close out, etc.)
- Ensure that the Frequently Asked Questions are refreshed and renewed with technology and sector owners and expand the areas covered as needed
- Capture and document the MO Helpdesk Support requirements and work with IT to ensure that the appropriate system(s) are in place
- Ensure escalation, close out, and quarterly reporting on all Helpdesk usage
- Gather, share and promote best practices between and across GS1 Member Organisations
10-15 years’ experience in a multinational corporation in managing the education and training function incl. program design, development and implementation and/or in managing the customer service / helpdesk function. Solid experience in online education is a must.
Proficiency in the deployment of multiple learning technologies: web-based, action-based, mobile learning, etc.
Direct experience in training delivery is a plus
Computer literate (e.g. PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office, Flash animation and HTML 5)
Prior knowledge of GS1 System is a plus
- Inspirational leadership in a multi-cultural environment
- Strong People Management skills
- Strong technical affinity and willingness to learn GS1 standards
- Ability to manage complex international projects
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Team player with ability to work autonomously
- Strong customer focus
- Mature political sensitivity with high interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Able to operate within an evolving and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Fluency in English, oral and written. Any other language an asset.
- Willingness to travel
How to apply:
Send your application with CV to:
- Blue Tower, Avenue Louise 326, bte 10
- B-1050 Brussels, Belgium
- Tel: + 32 2 788 78 00
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Responses will be treated quickly and with strict confidentiality.