Marketing & Public Policy
Vice-President Global Public Policy
The Manager Public Policy and PR/Media is responsible for supporting the Public Policy team in its daily work as specified below, as well as for managing the PR and media strategy for the organisation while regularly identifying new PR, traditional media and social media opportunities.
It is expected that the task allocation of the position will be 50% Public Policy and 50% PR/Media. However, it is possible the time allocation might vary.
- Responsible for the quarterly Public Policy newsletter, including: content coordination (insuring contributions from the team and other colleagues), drafting, editing, publishing and distribution.
- Ongoing update of the Public Policy sections of the internal (MO Zone) and external website https://www.gs1.org/public-policy
- Document support for government consultations (especially EU Commission), policy papers, and presentations.
- Administer the Global Public Policy Work Group, including setting the quarterly calls agenda and drafting the minutes.
- Support the Public Policy team, including: coordination of the weekly team calls (agenda and follow-up); team participation including the coordination of meetings, presentations and booths for the yearly GS1 Global Forum (the global annual event to align the organisation’s strategy and inspire the GS1 staff around the world) and the GS1 Industry & Standards Event (the annual gathering of global business leaders and trading partners on standards development, industry engagement, education and implementation success sharing).
- Manage the PR/Media strategy, including: implement the approved strategy for Global Office (GO); implement identified campaigns and initiatives, including global campaigns such as World Standards Day; support MOs where needed; identify new PR opportunities; and supervise any relevant outside contractors.
- Manage and lead the Global PR and Media Task Force by engaging Member Organisations in informative meetings and projects.
- Develop and execute the social media strategy for Global Office and advance engagement in social media by the GS1 Member Organisations by sharing ideas and best practices.
- Support the Marketing team with the enforcement of social media guidelines, coordinating social media actions during global events, and assisting the Member Organisations during global campaigns.
- Act as Press Officer for GO, including: manage GO contacts with the media in line with the GS1 GO Guidelines for External Communications; organise media training for GS1 spokespeople where necessary; support MOs where needed.
- University degree
- 10 years’ experience in PR Communications and Public Policy/government relations related work
- Social media experience, particularly with running social media campaigns
- International work experience is beneficial
- Experience with content management systems is beneficial
- Experience operating in a matrix management structure is beneficial
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Mastery of English, in particular writing in English
- Strong presentation skills
- Able to deal with a broad range of individuals, cultural backgrounds, and perspectives in a collaborative, strategic, and consensus-driven manner
- Mature political sensitivity with strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Able to operate within an evolving and sometimes ambiguous environment
To be based in Brussels, but country of origin can be from anywhere in the world
- Public Policy
- Customer focus
- Drive for results
- Passion & Initiative
- Resilience & Adaptability
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Trust and Integrity
How to apply:
Send your application with CV to:
- Blue Tower, Avenue Louise 326, bte 10
- B-1050 Brussels, Belgium
- Tel: + 32 2 788 78 00
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Responses will be treated quickly and with strict confidentiality.