Senior Director – Retail Industry Engagement
This job may manage external and internal relationships, i.e., consultants, members, etc. This job may have responsibility for directing external committees or other groups.
The Senior Manager will be responsible to support MOs globally with Industry Engagement for Marketplaces.
He/she will develop common approaches of engagement for the various Marketplaces groups that can be used to maximise the relevance of GS1 at Marketplaces. He/she will develop and leverage improved communication/coordination tools to maximise customer transparency. He/she will develop and leverage reporting tools that raise visibility to the work within Marketplaces, including a Strategy-to-Action plan for engaging Marketplaces.
Through his/her global, coordinated efforts, it is our goal to been seen by the Marketplaces as a trusted advisor, therefore allowing us to expand the breadth and depth of our strategic engagement with the Marketplaces. Success will be measured by quantitative and qualitative progress toward a consultative and collaborative strategic relationship.
This role offers a unique opportunity to directly contribute to the growth of a global sector. He/she will be responsible for the development, growth and quality execution of all work relevant to Marketplaces. This role is also accountable for other retail-related activities including Member Organisation relationship management, project oversight and direct contribution to projects and programs.
He/she will collaborate with functional personnel and industry contacts. All work is expected to include managing and overseeing the functioning of diverse groups of Global industry, Academia and GS1 Member Organisations, providing expert input on pertinent business practices, technology implementations, the existing GS1 system and the evolution of the GS1 System to support the future business needs of the global community.
The Senior Manager will work intimately with the 112 GS1 Member Organisations around the world to ensure that GS1 brings value to our customers and is seen as a global and collaborative partner.
- Be the GS1 Global Office “go-to” person for all matters related to Marketplaces.
- Facilitate communication across MOs, share learnings and best practices.
- Responsible for the development, maintenance and results of a Marketplaces Engagement Strategy.
- Develop and maintain a consultative relationship regarding Marketplaces.
- Assist in the development of common tools to facilitate reporting on the status of Marketplace Engagements.
- Collaborate with team members and clients to drive deliverable development and execute strategy.
- Assess problems critically, structure analyses, apply analytical frameworks, and conceptualise strategy.
- Coordinate objectives with senior leadership to execute vision.
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships with collaborating industries and GS1 Member Organisations.
- Share expertise with team members through development and delivery of case studies, white papers, learning materials, and other resources to elevate knowledge of solutions, standards, and systems.
The candidate must possess motivation to deliver high quality work to drive customer satisfaction. This person uses their intellect, insight and the ability to influence to build creative solutions with colleagues and community while embracing a collaborative mind-set.
Additional requirements include:
- 10+ years’ experience with major industry companies, with 7+ or more years supply chain and demand chain experience related to product, services, solutions and standards.
- Experience in solution provider or consultation community, with deep understanding of creation and implementation of solutions to business needs.
- Someone with a strong understanding of the GS1 system and implementation of our standards and services in key business processes.
- Experience in global coordination, with excellent diplomatic and communication skills and experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate with both highly-technical and non-technical persons seamlessly.
- Undergraduate degree required, Business or Analytical field preferred.
- Ability to work with and lead globally distributed teams.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas clearly at an executive level, with excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- Highly-structured and conceptual mind-set, coupled with strong quantitative and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills within a team environment.
- Strong Microsoft Office suite skills: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (Visio and Access are pluses).
- Excellent time management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Fluent in English, oral and written is mandatory.
- Consulting experience in retail.
- Mature political sensitivity to work across a diverse community of interests and cultures.
- Exceptional planning, communication, writing and presentation skills.
- Thinking Latitude: Problems are solved by considering courses of action within the framework of organisation’s goals and standards.
- Effective relationship builder – one on one, one to many, internally and externally, small and large organisations.
- Strategic Thinker - ability to identify, assess and synthesise information about emerging products, services and standards opportunities and their current or future relevance.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
- High drive and energy.
- Experience across eCommerce landscape (‘Brick & Mortar’ through ‘omni-channel’ markets).
- Ability to make effective decisions quickly and sometimes with limited data.
- Able to build credibility and function as an effective and respected ally of senior leaders internally and externally.
- Boundary Spanning Effectiveness - Can get things done across multi-functional areas; works well within a matrix organisation.
This job may require up to 20% global travel.
How to apply:
Send your application with CV to:
- Blue Tower, Avenue Louise 326, bte 10
- B-1050 Brussels, Belgium
- Tel: + 32 2 788 78 00
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Responses will be treated quickly and with strict confidentiality.