Marketing & Communications
Director Marketing Healthcare, Emerging sectors & solutions
The Senior Manager Marketing Emerging sectors & solutions is responsible for developing and implementing marketing strategies for GS1 in the areas of Traceability, Fighting illicit Trade (FIT) and Technical Industries (TI) in order to help drive the adoption and use of GS1 standards around the world.
He/she will lead the development and implementation of marketing plans and their execution, in perfect alignment with Global Office (GO) business plans and those of our 112 GS1 Member Organisations (MOs). This includes providing our MO customers with a variety of best-in-class marketing materials and campaign strategies.
A marketing advisor— offering communications counsel to assigned business leads—he/she will also act as GO liaison to MO marketing leads, driving global campaigns to completion. The individual will be a champion of the GS1 brand and act as subject matter expert of our global marketing guidelines.
This position is a sound opportunity which involves cross-functional and international exposure with a blend of strategic and operational marketing. It will include contacts with executives from leading multinational companies and GS1 local organisations.
Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; someone who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical marketing initiatives.
The position is based in Brussels and requires approximately 10% travel time all over the world
- Develop and update yearly marketing plans to gain senior management support for strategic initiatives and market development activities
- Work with business leaders of GS1 in Traceability, Fighting Illicit Trade and Technical Industries to develop key messages for external/internal communications; develop a communication strategy to inform key stakeholders about designated sector and strategic priorities, initiatives, challenges and progress
- Plan and manage the creation of a wide variety of marketing materials, including presentations, case studies, white papers, etc.)—to company standards and within budgets
- Help drive GO events and support MO regional events, from expo booths and workshops, to presentations and messaging
- Compile and analyse market research, and work with creative production teams to develop effective promotional materials and marketing campaigns to promote them
- Initiate marketing best practices, based on up-to-date knowledge of industry and technologies
- Monitor compliance to our branding strategy and deploy brand equity and communication strategies for GS1 in Traceability, FIT and TI, in line with the overall marketing and communication strategy
- Support the GS1 Press Officer with press releases and media events, when needed
- Management of multiple vendor relationships
- Keep abreast with trends in the industry and share information with other divisions/departments
- Measure success of all key initiatives against pre-defined objectives to ensure that all new marketing activities will add value
- Possibly, the position will also cover some activities related to other sectors depending on workload seasonality and GS1 strategic priorities.
- University degree, preferably in marketing
- 12 to 15 years experience in a multinational organisation
- Experience in FMCG preferred
- Excellent communication and writing skills—ability to rework technical text for a broader audience
- Experience in managing large-scale and international marketing and communication initiatives (campaigns, events)
- B2C and B2B marketing experience
- Experience in operating in a matrix structure
- Proven background in both strategic and operational marketing
- Experience in marketing research and marketing planning
- Excellent presentation skills
- Native or perfect English is a must, both oral and written—other languages an asset
- International profile. Ideally a person who has lived and worked in other countries than country of origin
- Ability to build consensus among multiple stakeholders and interact effectively with people from a variety of cultural backgrounds
- Mature political sensitivity with high interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Able to operate within an evolving and sometimes ambiguous environment
How to apply:
Send your application with CV to:
- Blue Tower, Avenue Louise 326, bte 10
- B-1050 Brussels, Belgium
- Tel: + 32 2 788 78 00
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Responses will be treated quickly and with strict confidentiality.