Brussels OR Princeton
Customer Service and Training
Director Customer Service and Training
The primary objectives of this position is to develop quality training material and programs to help build knowledge, skills and capabilities for the creation and deployment of GS1 global standards, services and solutions (for end customers, Member Organisations and Global Office).
This role works closely with Industry Engagement, Services and Solutions teams on new deployment initiatives, ensuring effective and meaningful training is in place.
This role also leads and executes the e-Learning content design, development and deployment by working with subject matter experts and external instructional designers to support the execution of the GS1 strategy. It ensures a consistent structure and visibility of the training material available in the Learning Management System with test methodology and certification.
Willingness to learn strategic GS1 products, services and solutions to deliver trainings at GS1 forums, conferences and events is key for the position
- Work with Global Office and Member Organisation colleagues to proactively identify and assess future and current training needs for the 112 GS1 Member Organizations
- Develop and maintain the GS1 training content and deploy it with relevant methods (eLearning, video, instructor-led, webinars, communities of practice, brochures,…)
- Coordinate training design with vendors and third parties when needed
- Collaborate effectively with all stakeholders (Global Office SMEs and project teams, Member Organizations and the industries that GS1 serves) for all training related activities
- Resolve any specific training related problems and tailor training programs as necessary
- Improve training related processes
- Monitor, evaluate and report on training effectiveness
- Deliver face-to-face and virtual training session
- Act as a backup of the Learning Management System expert by providing the right support, communication and training to the Member Organisation administrator community
- Manage the training mailbox and requests as a backup
- University degree or equivalent with 8+ years of working experience
- Experience in corporate training programs design, development and implementation
- Direct experience in training delivery
- Ability to operate in global and complex environments
- Fluency in English, oral and written. Any other language is an asset
- Computer literate (e.g. PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office, Flash animation and HTML 5)
- Knowledge of eLearning methodology as Sharable Content Object Reference Model (SCORM)
- Project Management
- Prior knowledge of GS1 System is an asset
- Proactive mindset
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Strong customer focus
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Team player with the ability to work autonomously
- Goals oriented
- Adaptability and flexibility
Initiating action and change management. Ability to build and maintain good interpersonal relationships, internally and externally, in a global environment. Willingness to travel.
How to apply:
Send your application with CV to:
- Blue Tower, Avenue Louise 326, bte 10
- B-1050 Brussels, Belgium
- Tel: + 32 2 788 78 00
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Responses will be treated quickly and with strict confidentiality.