2017 has been the biggest year yet for GS1 standards in healthcare in the UK – more Trusts and healthcare suppliers are GS1 members than ever before and momentum is building behind the next phases of the Scan4Safety programme.
This year’s conference is an important milestone towards the goal of full implementation across the NHS in England – and a celebration of the time, money and, most importantly, lives saved already through the use of GS1 standards.
Last year's conference included the Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for NHS Productivity, the Commercial Director at the Department of Health and the Chair of the General Medical Council. This year's programme is set to be even better.
Speakers already confirmed include:
• Professor Terence Stephenson, Chair of the General Medical Council
• Professor Tim Briggs, National Director of Quality and Efficiency, Department of Health
• Dr Andrew Goddard, Registrar at the Royal College of Physicians
• Alastair McLellan, Editor of the Health Service Journal
• After-dinner speaker, Dame Esther Rantzen, Founder of The Silver Line
For more information, please visit the conference website here