GIAI (Global Individual Asset Identifier)
The GIAI is the GS1 Identification Key used in a diverse range of business applications such as recording the life-cycle history of aircraft parts. The GIAI is assigned by the owner of the asset and may be bar coded using Application Identifier (8004).
The GIAI is constructed as:
GS1 Company Prefix > < Individual Asset Reference >
Xi+1... Xj (j<=30)
For a more detailed overview on the benefits of GIAI see GIAI Executive Summary.
Information about other keys
- GTIN - Global Trade Item Number
- GLN - Global Location Number
- SSCC – Serial Shipping Container Code
- GRAI – Global Returnable Asset Identifier
- GSRN – Global Service Relation Number
- GDTI – Global Document Type Identifier
- GSIN - Global Shipment Identification Number
- GINC - Global Identification Number for Consignment
- GCN – Global Coupon Number