GRAI (Global Returnable Asset Identifier)
The GRAI is the GS1 Identification Key for types of reusable package or transport equipment that are considered an asset. It is used to enable tracking as well as recording of all relevant data associated with the individual asset or asset reference. The GRAI is is assigned for the life time of the asset and may be bar coded using Application Identifier (8003).
The GRAI is constructed as follows:
|GS1 Company Prefix > < Asset Reference||Check
|X1 variable X16|
For a more detailed overview on the benefits of GRAI see GRAI Executive Summary.
Information about other keys
- GTIN - Global Trade Item Number
- GLN - Global Location Number
- SSCC – Serial Shipping Container Code
- GIAI – Global Individual Asset Identifier
- GDTI – Global Document Type Identifier
- GSIN - Global Shipment Identification Number
- GINC - Global Identification Number for Consignment
- GCN – Global Coupon Number