Electronic Product Code (EPC) Tag Data Standard (TDS)
This standard defines EPC tag data, including how key GS1 key identifiers are encoded on the tag and how they are encoded for use in the information systems layers of the EPC Systems Network.
To download the newest version of the TDS Standard and related documents, click the URL provided:
- Tag Data Standard v. 1.7 (2013 May 23)
The latest version of TDS version 1.7 adds a new EPC Scheme, the Component and Part Identifier (CPI) (See sections 6.3.11, 10.12, and 14.5.11).
Warning: The Standards approved for Component / Part Identification (CPID) are published now for information purposes. GS1 recommends not to implement them until the Guidelines, under development, are published in the coming months. These Standards are only to be implemented upon mutual agreement between trading partners, and are explicitly not intended for open supply chain use. If you plan to work with them, we recommend to contact your local GS1 organization for advice.
- Tag Data Standard v. 1.6 (2011 September 9)
Version 1.6 further defines a new header for the Aerospace and Defense Identifier (ADI) scheme. It also adds a new section on what it means to conform to the GS1 EPC Tag Data Standard.
To download the previous versions of the TDS Standard and related documents, click the URL provided:
- Tag Data Standard v. 1.5 (2010 August 18)
- Presentation (2010 August 18)
- Tag Data Standard v. 1.4 (2008 June 11)
- Presentation (2008 June 11)
- Tag Data Standard v. 1.3.1 (2007 September 28)
- Tag Data Standard v. 1.3 (2006 March 8)
- Tag Data Standard v. 1.1, Rev. 1.27 (2005 May 10)
GS1 Application Identification (AI-ID) Table - Click here to access the table