Per GS1's EPC Tag Data Standard (TDS),the TID memory bank (MB10) of an EPC/RFID chip shall contain an 8 bit ISO/IEC 15963 allocation class identifier of E2h at memory locations 00h to 07h. TID memory above location 07h of MB10 SHALL be configured as follows:
- 08h: XTID (X) indicator (whether a Tag implements Extended Tag Identification, XTID)
- 09h: Security (S) indicator (whether a Tag supports the Authenticate and/or Challenge commands)
- 0Ah: File (F) indicator (whether a Tag supports the FileOpen command)
- 0Bh to 13h: a 9-bit mask-designer identifier (MDID), available upon application to GS1
- 14h to 1Fh: a 12-bit, Tag-manufacturer-defined Tag Model Number (TMN)
- above 1Fh: as defined in TDS section 16.2
The following list of MDIDs was last updated on 13 September 2021; it is also available as a machine-readable JSON file, which includes a number of manufacturer-specific TMN entries.