The development and implementation of our healthcare standards is led by the industry experts who use them.
Our healthcare user groups are open to pharmaceutical and medical devices manufacturers, wholesalers and distributors, group purchasing organisations, hospitals, pharmacies, logistics providers, governmental and regulatory bodies, and trade associations.
Our mission is to increase patient safety, supply chain security and efficiency, traceability and accurate data synchronisation in healthcare.
GS1 standards endorsed by the industry
GS1 standards has won the endorsement of leading Healthcare stakeholders.
Global Healthcare User Group
GS1 Healthcare envisions a future where the healthcare sector integrates GS1 standards into supply chain processes for all relevant items, locations and people to drive patient safety and supply chain efficiency improvements. The Global Healthcare User Group brings together all related healthcare stakeholders, to lead the successful development and implementation of global standards in healthcare.
Local Healthcare User Group
Healthcare also has a local dimension, with local providers and national/regional regulations. Member Organisations have established local user groups around the world to tackle local healthcare challenges.
The specific local requirements collected by the Local Healthcare User Groups are fed into the development of global standards.
Find out more
- GS1 Healthcare Governance Charter
- Leadership team members of GS1 Healthcare
- FAQs on GS1 Healthcare user groups
- GS1 Healthcare 2021 Strategic Priorities
- GS1 Healthcare Strategy 2018-2022
- GS1 Healthcare Strategy Addendum
- Value proposition pharmaceutical companies
- Value proposition medical device companies
- Value proposition distributors, GPOs, wholesalers
- Value proposition solution providers