Healthcare Provider Database
Explore a comprehensive database of case studies from healthcare provider implementations of GS1 barcodes.
Clinical Advisory Committee (CAC)
Collaborate with healthcare provider peers via the CAC. Participate in webinars and industry awards.
Explore the many benefits of GS1 barcodes in healthcare to improve patient safety and realise cost efficiencies.
- How can I ensure the traceability of products to patients?
- How can I reduce waste & increase accuracy of ordering processes?
- How can I improve inventory visibility and stock control?
- How can I achieve efficient, accurate and targeted recalls?
- How can I spend more time with my patients?
- How can I reduce medical errors?
Find specific examples of how other hospitals around the world are utilising GS1 barcodes to achieve safer, more efficient care.
- Improving traceability in the operating theater at Bernhoven Hospital, the Netherlands
- Increasing bedside scanning implementation at Charing Cross Hospital, UK
- Improving supply chain management at Dijon University Hospital, France
- Preventing medication administration error at Gelre Hospitals, the Netherlands
- Improving patient safety & quality of care at the National Centre for Hereditary Coagulation Disorders, St James’s Hospital, Ireland
- Improving general inventory control at Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust, UK
- Improving Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) at Ramsay Health Care
- Ensuring surgical instrument traceability at Robert Ballanger Hospital, France
Find answers to some of the questions most frequently asked about GS1 barcodes by healthcare providers.