Scan4Transport is a global standard for encoding transport data on a Logistics Label. The standard supports companies across the transport process including first mile, sortation and last mile activities and enables them to keep pace with the growing needs of their customers.
We can help you get started or show you how to improve what you’re already doing with our standards in transport and logistics.
Learnings from the pilots and work group
Benefits of Scan4Transport standard to industry
- Improves first and last mile processes through the capture of essential information relating to the transport task from the barcode on the transport label (e.g. when the freight is handled and scanned before the electronic instructions have been received)
- Enhances sortation through the capture of granular address information including street from the barcode on the transport label
- Provides visibility of transport task requirements even if the remote IT systems are unavailable for look-up
- Improved efficiency and interoperability across industry through a standard label across the entire supply chain
- Enhances delivery accuracy by encoding Ship-to GEO locations (e.g. Construction sites, rural address which do not have a clear/granular street address)
- Leads to smoother processes and greater customer satisfaction
Scan4Transport on IOP Journal
Interested in piloting the standards?
Let us know if you are interested in piloting/implementing the standards. There are many resources available including collateral/guidelines, barcode testing, tools and certified solutions.
Download the report
Scan4Transport's potential with GS1 Digital Link
See Figure 2.6.15-1. in the GS1 Gen Specs for Application Identifiers used to support the transport process