There’s an increasing demand for frequent deliveries, small shipments and pinpoint distribution in dense city areas. This needs to be done at the lowest possible cost, using sustainable methods across multiple transport modes.
How does it work?
Coordinating transportation and delivery
Shippers and transport companies need to share capacity information with each other. They also rely increasingly on specialist logistics service providers, who themselves have to synchronise intricate transport operations.
You can simplify this complex world of transport management by using our standards – particularly, our Logistic Interoperability Model (LIM). These will help everyone involved in transportation and delivery share information, work together and align their processes.
Benefits of our standards
- Helps you to manage complex deliveries involving different modes of transport
- Improves knowledge of where shipments are and when they will arrive
- Increases the consignment control from container to pallet to individual carton
- Enables you to deliver multiple shipments from various sources in a single drop
- Allows you to split one inbound consignment into multiple separate deliveries
- Boosts sustainability efforts thanks to packed trucks and reduced emissions
Standards used in transport management
We can help you get started or show you how to improve what you’re already doing with our standards in transport and logistics.