Skip to main content
- A starter session on GS1 Standards - Mr. Salil Joshi, Senior Director, Industry Development - Healthcare, GS1 US; Ms. Beth Gibson, Senior Director, Industry Development - Medical Devices, GS1 US; Mr. Peter Sturtevant, Senior Director, Industry Engagement – Pharmaceuticals, GS1 US; Ms. Adrian Bailey, Manager Healthcare, GS1 US
Plenary session - hospitals, doctors and clinicians
- Opening remarks and welcome to conference - Ms. Ulrike Kreysa, Vice-President Healthcare, GS1 Global Office, Mr. Miguel A. Lopera, President and CEO, GS1 Global Office
- Opening remarks and welcome to conference - Mr. Bob Carpenter, CEO, GS1 US
- Panel – Patient safety beyond borders - Prof. Dr.Terence Stephenson, Chair, General Medical Council, UK; Dr. Anne Snowdon, World Health Innovation Network, Scientific Director & CEO, SCAN Health, Canada; Mr. David Berridge, Deputy Medical Director, Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, UK; Ms. Dr. Juliette Hommes, MD, University Medical Center of Maastricht (MUMC)
- Panel – Healthcare professionals – different viewpoints, one goal - Mr. Keith Jones, Clinical Director of Surgery, Derby Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, UK; Mr. Iain Davidson, Chief Pharmacist & CCIO, Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust, UK; Ms. Lorna Wilkinson, Director of Nursing, Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust, UK; Mr. Nick Thomas, Deputy CEO, Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust, UK
- Introduction to conference charity
- Panel – Data for better care – hospital operational efficiency - Mr. Feargal Mc Groarty, National Haemophilia System Project Manager, St. James’s Hospital, Ireland; Mr. Keith Jones, Clinical Director of Surgery, Derby Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, UK; Mr. Kevin Downs, Director Finance, Derby Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, UK; Mr. Wilfried Winzer, Director, University hospital Dresden, Germany
- Panel – Cost savings through standards;Mr. Justin Bitter Ph.D, Business manager, Bernhoven Hospital, the Netherlands; Ms. Cynthia Shumway, Director, Supply Chain Business Applications, Intermountain Healthcare, U.S. ; Mr. Matthew Mentel, Executive Director - Integrated Performance Solutions, Mercy, U.S. ; Ms. Betty Jo Rocchio, Vice President, Perioperative Services, Mercy, U.S.
- Panel - UDI Implementation reality - Data Quality - Ms. Cyndi Poetker, Director Global Standards and Traceability Global Standards and Serialization, Abbott, U.S.; Ms. Terrie Reed, U.S. FDA, Senior Advisor UDI Adoption, U.S. Food and Drug Administration; Mr. Joseph Costagliola, Project Manager, Master Data Management, B. Braun Medical, U.S.; Mr. James Phillips, Consulting Manager, the Office of Data Standards & Interoperability, Franciscan Missionaries Of Our Lady Health System, U.S.; Mr. Kevin Capatch, Director Supply Chain Technology & Process Engineering, Geisinger Health Systems, U.S.