How to prevent medication errors?
Our barcodes help to improve safety by enabling machine-based checking. They help to match patients with the correct medication or medical device, administered by an authorised caregiver.
With the help of GS1 barcodes in healthcare, hospitals can:
- Reduce medication errors by more than 50%1
- Cut down risk of adverse drug events by up to 75%2
- Facilitate positive patient identification at all points of care
- Enable accurate information about medical products to be recorded in electronic medical records
- Ensure the right patient is given the right treatment at the right time
Work with us
We aim to lead the healthcare sector to the successful development and implementation of global barcodes. Learn from other healthcare providers about how you can harness the power of global barcodes to ensure your patients receive the correct medicines and medical devices.
Healthcare Provider Advisory Council (HPAC)
Collaborate with healthcare provider peers via the HPAC. Participate in webinars and industry awards.
Find answers to some of the questions most frequently asked about GS1 barcodes by healthcare providers.